Bathurst Island

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Bathurst Island

Post by rossco »

Just got back from 4 days at Bathurst Is. The fishing was steady but not earth shattering. Most fish in the 70 to 80 mark with a couple in the 90's and one at a 102cm (my nephews first barra). All are happily (I hope) swimming around until next visit. All fish from the Darwin side. I hear there are still a few pro boats netting at Port Herd so I kept away from there. cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BEAR »

some nice fish there rossco :catch: did u head up Apsley straight fot trhem fish?

BEAR
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

Hi Bear, I fished the the 2nd creek out from Nguiu on the Melville side and Tiarntipi creek on the Bathurst side. The wind and tides made Apsley too wild to travel up in the afternoons. I had a shocker of a trip back along the Bathurst coast on Saturday afternoon. There are plenty of fish holding up on the snags in the creeks. It seems that the 1st 2hours of the run in are the best on the springs. I usually fish Euro creek when the wind is right but it is a long run from Nguiu if the wind and tides are working against each other. I can also tow the tinny out to Ranku and fish Pt Herd but it is getting hit pretty hard at the moment by the pro's, guides and locals. There is also a good barge landing near Fourcroy that the military put in so there are plenty of options when the weather is right.I am trying to make the most of the fishing over there as my wife is moving back to Darwin at the end of the year. I go over every 2 weeks on the ferry or by plane. I'll have to put my (her) tinny on the market over there as I will not get away with a 2nd boat in Darwin when she comes back. My eldest lad is working on Thunder at the moment and they have been fishing the top of Melville Is for the last week. I'll get an update when he gets back in the next few days. cheers
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

islands

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice report and some great foters Rossco