Freshwater Trifecta

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Freshwater Trifecta

Post by Shane Doevy »

Fished Shady fresh, Mary river bridge and hardies yesterday for nil but had some fun anyway.
Arrived at shady fresh at about 1000 - gentlememns hours - and found fish splashing around at the barrage - it was high tide and the salt was just running over the barrage. launched the boat - grabbed a rod and small rubber and pulled the car out - only porblem was that as i sat in the front seat and put the rubber ont he passenger seat the door went closed on the baitcaster - :banghead: - now 2 rods. Oh well not a good start. Turns out the fish were mullet anyway doing the old atlantic salmon thing - jumping up onto the barrage and working hard to get back to the salt. Had a troll around but no dice. All the many other boats were reporting onlly a couple of fish despite 28 / 29 degree water. Dropped int he salt side for a quick troll by the wrck for no result either.
Pulle out and went back to Mary river - waters temps at 30 degrees by the ramp and 29 degrees elsewhere but there was nothing happening either.
Out again and off to hardies - once again great water temps around 28 / 30 degrees but only 1 small Powertail.
Mr xxxx made sure it was not a total waste of a day. Might slip into the harbour today and fish a few drains
Shane

Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

good to hear even though you didnt catch anything of significance you still had a good time.

did you fish the harbour i went saturday and didnt get a thing either but it was all good on the water. :smile:
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Sorry to hear about the rod.... there should only be 1 "2rods" :grin: :grin:

The barra must be going to start soon.....I hope :catch:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

barra

Post by Matt Flynn »

next big tides of the dark moon should see barra go off, although I think my spot at Sadgroves will still be worth a look this week on the 13th and 14th

i don't like barra fishing much around the full moon, i think they feed well at night at this time and bite less during the day