LPG?

jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

LPG?

Post by jonesy »

Any of you guys have duel fuel systems up here? I'm going home in 7 weeks to buy a 4wd and am going to drive it back up. If i was to stay in Melbourne I would definitely get duel fuel,but I'm not sure whether it's worth it up here with LPG being 70-80 cents a litre.
If anyone has it up here,do you find it worthwhile?
Thanks

justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

hi jonesy,

i had duel fuel in adelaide and when i traveled i sold the car. when i arrived in darwin i needed a second car and wanted the cost savings of gas that i had in Adelaide. but after i did the sums i found out that because of the cost of the gas here its not worth having including the extra cost associated with regerstration.

hope that helps.
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Diesel

Post by Shane Doevy »

The govt is just blowing wind up its own bottoms unless the actually do something about the fuel excise - what about all the diesel vehicles - road transport included??
They sure could buy themselves some votes by lowering the excise - it would help right across the board as road transport costs would reduce the end cost to the consumer.
I had duel fuel when i was down south too but with all the towing i do now it wouldnt be cost effective.
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

The govt is just blowing wind up its own bottoms unless the actually do something about the fuel excise
Yep they have to do something about excise on "fuel" as in petrol and diesel, not LPG.
Little Johnny should have a look at what happened in NZ, they handed out incentives to convert then after a period of time saw that all that tax revenue from the petrol and diesel was dropping off! What's the next thing they do (surprise, surprise)......bung the excise on LPG which brought the cost nearly on par with petrol, result.....very few motorist use LPG the the Land of the Long White Cloud these days. Got a ex-pat kiwi here at work, he reckons it was the worse thing the NZ govt could've done.

Instead, as Shane mentions, lowering the excise on petrol and diesel should be the focus of cost cuts. IMHO

The other thing is that as soon as the demand on LPG conversions rise, bet your bottom dollar, so will the cost of getting the conversion done!
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
chanos
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

diesel

Post by chanos »

Lets not forget the fact that diesel is a darn sight easier to make than Petrol and a lot cheaper to manufacture as well. Funny how most people are unaware of this fact and the govt allows the oil companies to continue making a killing on this product.
Australia should get in bed with indonesia on the oil side of things and tell OPEC, Singapore and the US of A to get stuffed with their prices. Indon has more oil than you can poke a stick at and fuel is dirt cheap there.
The only reason we have to import oil is for heavy lube oil manufacture and the various bitumins because our crude oil is very light.

Just my thoughts............... chanos
Fishing is not a matter of life and death, it is far more serious than that.
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

could be worth waiting on the LPG conversion. there are rumors about that the gov may be starting a grant program similar to what they give you for changing to solar hot water. could be up to $2000.which would be great. i wonder if anyone has converted a outboard motor over yet??? imagine only paying 80c a litre to go fishing :cheers: could buy more rumbos!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

there was an excise taken off lpg a few years back and its due to be returned in the not too distant future,any how at present their aint none as I deliver the stuff and the boat hasnt arrived (due wed now) so I had to go fishing today ,real bugger that.

Return to “Boats, Motors, Vehicles & Trailers”