how many rods have you broken??

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: how many rods have you broken??

Post by andrew.south »

cjgp wrote:Amatures I say,

In the 90s I broke three GLoomis in one hit, at Harbord Bait and tackle and it didnt even cost me a cent!!, My brother and I were putting a bit of hurt on some 7 foot Loomis rod. It broke just above half way, My half flicked out of my hand and tried to stab me in the eye, causing me to jump back and crash into a stand containing lots of G Loomis. I broke one with my foot and one more broke as the whole rack fell over, although there was some broken runners as collatoral damamge as well. We sort of slipped out quietly (read ran like all hell) as the assistant tried to figure out exactly what we had done.

So a month later I bought (via mail order from Victoria not from Harbord) a GLoomis Goodoo for a trip to Weipa with a good mate. That was so good I began to slowly build up a few others.

In 2005 while getting 6 rods out of my partners mazda 121 through the rear door, i bent and snapped 5, yes I hear your groans and I say it again FIVE rods in one hit. My favorite goodoo survived so I was only partially devistated. Replaced those on the insurance, and have since then prematurely shortened two more, (car door and friends wayward foot)

And thats just the Loomis. The others I broke, like the newly bought 10ft slice caster to be used off the rocks at Avoca Beach, broken as I slipped while winding up for its first ever cast, are just not in the same league of pain or consideration.

10 Loomis, I still shudder and feel a little sick. Now, anyone want to borrow me a loomis....
You the man.....5 in 1 go I reckon that will be hard to beat ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..better make sure it's handlines only when your come for a fish... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I havent broken any :angel: but I have been around when I have seen Melbourne Bitter break the odd one... :D :D :D

Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault