Monster threadfin

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

Monster threadfin

Post by Matt Flynn- »

I have heard that the netters in Chambers Bay (bottom of Shady Camp section, NT) get some monster threadies on the flats on occasions, but I have never heard of anyone catching the really big ones on a lure or bait out there.

Anyone know any different? Got some pictures for proof?

Matt Flynn publishes the North Australian FISH FINDER biennial fishing map book and writes a weekly fishing report for Darwin's Sunday Territorian newspaper
drifter_1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by drifter_1 »

Hi Matt. What size do you call "monster"?
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

Threadfin

Post by Matt Flynn- »

Monster fish = when you pull it out of the water and the tide drops 3cm
Matt Flynn publishes the North Australian FISH FINDER biennial fishing map book and writes a weekly fishing report for Darwin's Sunday Territorian newspaper
Grant Hatcher

Post by Grant Hatcher »

Gday Matt

Clients of mine got 2 last year that went 20lb[118cm] and 18lb[114cm],dont know if you call them monsters but they are good fish [have photos somewhere just have to find them].

A mate of mine got a couple of a similar size last week at the mouth of Tommycutt

I have seen the pros come in with their tinnies low in the water full of threadies that looked like they would go 30lb

cheers

Grant
Matt Flynn-
Seadog
Seadog

Monsters

Post by Matt Flynn- »

Thanks for shedding some light on the big threadies Grant, I think a 10kg threadfin qualifies as a monster, although I have heard reports of bigger fish, I just haven't seen the photo yet. Port Hurd seems to be another place where the big ones are found, and they still get the odd big one on the east coast too. Seems to be plenty of smaller fish in Darwin Harbour too.