2010 Bill fish Classic

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Yogi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2010 Bill fish Classic

Post by Yogi »

I was lucky enough to be asked to drive the boat for the realist team and here are a few shoots from the Bill fish Classic.
_DSC0008.JPG
_DSC0018.JPG
_DSC0036.JPG
_DSC0055.JPG
_DSC3289.JPG
_DSC3306i.jpg
_DSC3483e.jpg
_DSC3462e.jpg
_DSC3518e.jpg
_DSC3608e.jpg
_DSC3703e.jpg
_DSC9972.JPG
_DSC3496.JPG
_DSC3791.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yogi

I Fish to get out of the house!!!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: 2010 Bill fish Classic

Post by max »

great shots there mate,whats the go with the dark coloured sail Ive never seen em like that before
Yogi
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Yogi »

Max i dont know why they are so dark. but they did lite up before they got on board. not sure if its was due to being overcast also.

but if any one knows let ne know.
Yogi

I Fish to get out of the house!!!
deano
Seadog
Seadog

Post by deano »

love the jumpin shots. good work
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Great shots cheers for posting them.
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Post by meterclubwannabe »

some very awesome photos there! really quite something
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Fantastic pics Yogi.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Nice pics.... they sure are a fine fish
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Sailfish do not do well out of the water let alone being taken out of the water for pics. There dark appearance is a stressed fish full of lactic acid. Sails do much better if you dont handle them to much and leave them in the water for quick pics. But everyone knows how i feel about it. Each to there own i suppose. Nice jump shots though...........Luvindafish ( Team power bills)
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

luvindafish wrote:Sails do much better if you dont handle them to much and leave them in the water for quick pics. But everyone knows how i feel about it.

Do even better if you dont catch them at all. :P

I think I might actually agree with you for a moment Luvinda...... No need to pull them out of the water if you are putting them back.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Ha i bet its only for a moment though. Its not rocket science . A stunning lit up sail V brown sick looking one. I know which one id rather look at in a pic :)
pignuts
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pignuts »

takes doggyone more then a minute to rip the slabs off a sailfish :bonk:

hey luvvindafishes you seem to back your self as a bit of a billfish guru or what :applause: do ya do charters or can i hire you for next year billfish classic you sound like the man :? just let me know how much :rofl:

i recon if you put in all that hard work to nail a billy and especially if it is ya first one go hard with the pics 8) 8) if it dies it dies so what just try ya best for a good release. 76% of the jewies we let go die and about 48% barra do too :banghead:

same goes for big M+barra, the first one ya get go hard get the pics nock the slabs off if ya want and chuck it on the BBQ :chef1: pro just gunna kill it anyway. wouldnt be the first FFF member to filet a billy :rofl:

after you have landed a few then you can work on in water and release pics. 8)

but if its ya first dont be influenced by these greens voting pussys get ya pics and hang em on the wall for all to see. 8) 8) :cool: :cool:
we live in the lucky country
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Well pignuts. I have caught my fair share of sailfish. Including being part of a team that caught and released 40 in a day off Broome. Im not an expert i just love fishing for sails and will do anything to advocate better handling of these awesome fish. If someone poses a question or a comment i will give my opinion as this is what a forum is all about. I am a female in actual fact. Not a green voting pussy. My partner Ben is the sailfish guru and my teacher of fishing. No way would we ever fish with anyone who didnt share our ethics. We have the perfect team for billfish comps and one of our other team members was infact the only angler to catch and release two sailfish for the comp. Fish how you want to fish mate its up to you. I will always believe that a gorgeous lit up sail in the water will always make a better pic for your wall that a black sick looking fish. But each to there own. Happy fishing :captain:
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

I dont see the point in getting upset about one or two sails being lifted out for a photo.
If any one is serious about saving sails they should be working on petitioning governments to get purse seiners shut down as they account for thousands of billfish each season. Not to mention the Tonnes of bait that they rip out of the ocean for :bs: like cat food.
I lifted my first sail for a photo and have no regrets what so ever about having done so. I have not lifted one of mine since as I am happy to release them as quickly as possible. JMHO. :cheers:
luvindafish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by luvindafish »

Someone asked why the sail looked so black in the photos. I just gave my opinion thats all. Some blokes, and im sure its because im female and can actually catch sailfish, see fit to bully and name call. No worries, whatever floats ya boat. Id be happy to lobby, petition or be involved in a group to help stop netting etc to help protect the sailfish population. Im not sure how to go about it though. Any ideas let me know. Happy fishing :)