The Warlock

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

The Warlock

Post by Matt Flynn »

Anyone swum these yet? They are from the Classic stable, supposed to be the new trolling weapon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Turtle
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: The Warlock

Post by Turtle »

I used them at shady camp. Caught a couple rats just casting em in gutters. Didnt get to troll em for big fish.. was too rough out out the front.

Ive still got 3 brand new ones in my tacklbox ready to get smashed by some big meter + slappers.

I also lost 2 big b52's tonight to some big fish..

Matt, do you know anything about when the big ass b52s are coming out? Im keen to grab a couple!!!!
Fishing in the top end isn't just a matter of life or death, it's much much more serious than that.
muzza2284
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by muzza2284 »

i"ve got a couple of the smaller size ones. one in silver black and red, and one fluro one.

Had some interest in them over at pioneer creek, but they attracted alot of Powertail. or maybe that was just me. (i reckon its just me)

Have caught a few bazza's on them down the south, tried something else besides softies, the Warlock and the gold bomber were the only 2 in the box that worked for me.
heaps of saratoga about that day but they wouldnt touch the warlock, tally on the Warlock is about 4, biggest 62cm.

i hope they come through an the fish get the idea. there a mean looking lure
Any Barra is a good barra. from 13cm to 105cm :)
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I gave my Warlocks away...............Dr Evils are better!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Turtle
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Turtle »

Blinky wrote:I gave my Warlocks away...............Dr Evils are better!
I got a couple of dr evils too.. they are pretty good ai! Basically the same... O_o

Are they the same brand? I cant remember....
Fishing in the top end isn't just a matter of life or death, it's much much more serious than that.
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Someone must be using them, I was in BCF weekend before last just looking around and they only had two colours left on the rack and about 10 or 12 vacant hooks?
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
deano
Seadog
Seadog

Post by deano »

they troll as fast as you like and have a strong action. only caught a couple of barra on them but haven't used them much as yet
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Harbour cod like them.
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

got a heap of swampies from the adelaide and finniss fresh around chrissy using the 80mm in purple upped the hooks 1 size and it's a ripper suspending lure
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

:D Rammers and myself have been using the Warlocks since last May! They are awesome. I will never forget the day she told me they had the smalller ones in stock at FOW. I was like a little kid at christmas time! I rate them :mrgreen:
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Love the flames on the eyes........sure to catch fish(ermen)!!!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Turtle wrote:Are they the same brand? I cant remember....
Yep, both Classics.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

Used them during the nationals when they gave them away in the show bag of goodies that you get. They worked ok then but I wouldnt say that they are any better than the standard classics.

The doctor evil is one of the deepest diving lures that you can buy. Especially for there size. They got down deeper than the polterguists. :o .

As for catching more powertail on the warlocks I would agree. I believe that powertail are very sensitive to rattles and the warlock is about as loud as anything. When using Jackles and rattling spots the powertail catch rate goes up significantly!

The 80mm warlocks have a good action and hold in the water well so are a good choice for a small lure. A bit like flatzrats in action except the warlock holds in the water a bit better. The flatzies seem to blow out at a little bit of speed and the last couple I have used have all swum to one side even after playing with the eyelets. :evil:
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

I know what you mean CC them Flatzrats are a bugger for not swimming properly even after tweaking :fubird:
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

You have some pictures i took last year before you could even buy them with fish i caught useing them on the Finniss Matt,, one was real Black and i remember you said how black it was.....

Return to “Lures”