Storm Wildeye Minnows

MattyA
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Storm Wildeye Minnows

Post by MattyA »

Hi all,

Saw that A-Mart (Darwin) has Storm Wildeye Minnows on sale at the moment, two for $10. Has anyone had any success with them?

My tacklebox is full of the usual bombers / classics / reidys / SPs etc but none of the Storms. The medium size ones look ok, kind of like a fat bomber, but they are suspending as well.

I am a bit sus on them because of the price, and there were a couple of huge boxes full of them with no eager punters fighting over them.....

Cheers and beers :cheers:

MattyA

harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

they have been on sale there for atleast 6 months :| they had them at 4 for $10 at one stage. got a few of the bigger ones for mackies and at $2.50 each i dont mind sacrificing them to macks although they havent returned squat yet. if you do get some dig around for the ones with HD hooks some have the light duty cr.p ones. swimming action seem good though :mrgreen:
SeekingBarradise
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hi

Post by SeekingBarradise »

Hi Harmsey & Matty A.

Johnny Mitchell has been using the storms for about 1000 plus days on charter and in his own fishing at Lake Awoonga as the fish are very wary so the boys are about 1000 evolutions down a sometimes frustrating road trying to catch fish that might have been hooked, caught and released a lot of times.

Rather than try and explain what he does in words, it would just be easier to watch his dvd just released called " Fishing Lake Monduran". He catches a few huge fish on there with the storms and he even has underwater footage of the storms swimming etc.

A few of the boys Like Joe have been using them on Tinaroo Dam for 2.5+ years now as well. He uses them a bit differently to Johnny with just the trebble. Johnny uses just the top hook. Well he upgrades the top hook as the original hooks are not stong enough.

Social fishermen like Navi & Vinnie (Monduran crew) have been using the suspending shads for a couple of years as well.

At 4 for $10 you should buy every one of them in Darwin before they sell out. They are about $11 a pack down here.
I hope this helps you out guys.

Cheers Lyndon.
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

Gday guys. Ive bought a few of them as price was too good and have found them to be good. Have caught barra on them in the adelaide and a few bluefin tuna when I was on holiday at the daintree (caught in a kayak trolling out the back).

They have a good action, need to upgrade trebles but ive bought $20 lures that need upgrading so IMO they are a great deal. :mrgreen: