Reidy's pre rigged weedless

jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Reidy's pre rigged weedless

Post by jonr »

Anyone had much success with these pre rigged weedless lures? I brought 3 packes today to test out. Smaller ones look great but the middles size white one seam to have there hook set too deap???? No point buying pre rigged ones if you have to rerigg them;(

Anyone had any experiences good or bad with these? I have to do some feild testing to see if my hypothesis is correct ;)

Jon

Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Reidy's pre rigged weedless

Post by Trier »

Hi Johr, bought a few myself - just grabbed them (had my two little fellas with me who were having a great time with the tackle) and haven't inspected them yet. Be curious to hear feedback too.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
seano
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by seano »

Throw the hooks away and get some decent worm hooks for them . They have a great action but the hooks have too small a gape for getting hook-ups.
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

i like a lot reidys lures, and these looked great in packet. Iv only used them 4 times but iv found them great for attracting strikes but have had a very poor hook up rate compared to squidgy mongrels and hollow bellys rigged weedless. If you grab hold of them and kind squash them like a fish strike you will find them a bit stiff and hard to expose the hook, which i believe might be why i had poor hook up. The hooks dont have much belly in them so the plastic does not really collapse when struck exposing a lot the hook .
Any way like i said only used em 4 or so times but its wat i found . Good luck giving them a go, each to there own ya may love em and snag a metery on one :mrgreen:
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

There to skinny so they lay flat on the strike rather than squash and expose the hook
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Very poor hook up rate, but you can cast them into crazy places! I also reckon they need to have a bigger sinker. What Doug says is also true. The retrieve has to be crazy slow or it sits on its side