plastic goo

john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

plastic goo

Post by john d »

While fishing the adelaide yesterday we hit the tarpon at scotts creek. The fish were going mad on small fluro green or black rubbers. While digging through the tackle box found one tray of plastics thed totaly disolved into a black goo. :cry: Picked the jig heads out of it but could not even work out what they were.Have had old rubbers have the colour run before (white turns pink when stored together etc.) but never totaly disolved before. The lures were bougth last april just before the nationals so were not all that old. Any body have this before or have I bred some lure munching bacteria :o :o

jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

All of my small bream plastics that I brought up did the same thing John,turned into goo. Haven't had any problem with the larger barra plastics but. I generally keep them in my room however,don't think they'd go so well stored outside in the boat or car..
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Some soft plastics are biodegradable. Good idea too, because places like the Daly River might have "sandbars" made out of soft plastics and fishing line in 20 years time.

A smart company could make soft plastic lures edible - if you don't catch any fish you can eat the lures on the way home. Make mine a packet of BOZOS in smoky bacon :grin:
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

You might be onto something there Mat, beer, Bourbon or Rum flavoured soft plastics. Would not matter what colour or size would catch plenty of fishermen :drinking1: :drinking2: :drinking3:
Think I will talk to my marketing consultant today $$$$$$$
ambigua
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ambigua »

Same plastic will react to other plastic compounds IE your tackle box.

Aways store plastic in the bag that they come in and keep out direct sun light. I've store mine in the plastic zip up tackle storage bags from Kmart. Keeping the lures in there bags I place them in the zip up bag and keep them in the coolest part of the house. No problem.

edible lures, now that's grocery shopping I would enjoy. :chef2:
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Mmmmmm, Mmmmmm........ my favourite.........Squidgies marinated in McKenna Bourbon!
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures