Off to Dundee

Going this weekend? Planning a tour? Need info? A fishing partner? Just ask ...
Fish'n Chick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Off to Dundee

Post by Fish'n Chick »

Well, we are itching to get the boat in the water at Dundee on the weekend. Haven't been fishing since April :cry: - water's too cold down here and it's been too blowy to justify a 3 hour trip to get to the blue water. (And bl..dy work has been getting in the way of our fishing :x ).

Will be our first trip out there so who knows how we'll do. Will try and post some pics next week.

Where are you all heading this weekend? Any weather predictions?

punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Hope this wind drops off a bit for you :catch:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Wind

Post by jasonmcc »

Dont like the chances of the wind dying off. There are Highs lined up after each other.

Cheers

Jason
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey fish'n'chick :drinking1: wind had been abit on and off as these lads have mentioned! hard to predict at this time of year. you could try ringing the lodge for a local weather update. mind you last time i did that they said it had been awesome weather and heaps of boats... when the tractor guy put us in he said we were the first bot to be put in all week :banghead: :rofl: so that didnt help!
closer to home could be a better option :wink: ill be terrorising the fish down at that mighty river of ours :naughty: :wink: :drinking1:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Prepare yourself for alot of rolling and pitching :uhh: , wind is not gonna give up for a while yet. Be sure to take a handful of kwells :lol: .
It's giving me the sh!ts as well cant even have a flick around gove wharf cause its been blowing 30knots constant for the last few days :| .
Image Image
Fish'n Chick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fish'n Chick »

I must say I've been a bit worried about the wind. Perhaps the only pics I'll be posting will be puke burley ones. Don't think we'll be heading very far off shore (especially with the toddler in tow - might be a test of his sea legs). The Dundee plan is fairly set in concrete (it's an ANZ fishing club weekend). If all else fails we'll just have to stay on shore and :drinking2: :drinking2: :drinking2: What a shame that would be :naughty:
doggies66
Seadog
Seadog

Post by doggies66 »

Hi All, just had a look at the Mean Sea Level Pressure charts for the weekend at I think you might be lucky for Sunday. Well I hope I'm right as I hope to get out on Sunday myself..... :cheers:
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Fish'n Chick wrote:I must say I've been a bit worried about the wind. Perhaps the only pics I'll be posting will be puke burley ones. Don't think we'll be heading very far off shore (especially with the toddler in tow - might be a test of his sea legs). The Dundee plan is fairly set in concrete (it's an ANZ fishing club weekend). If all else fails we'll just have to stay on shore and :drinking2: :drinking2: :drinking2: What a shame that would be :naughty:

Finniss :fishing: :fishing: :cheers: :angel:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

coroboreebandit wrote:you could try ringing the lodge for a local weather update. :naughty: :wink: :drinking1:

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

dont waste your time, the weather report you will get will be "yeah weathers great the fish are going off" tell you anything to get you down there. unless you can get jethrow on the phone, he will give it to you straight
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

the wind will be off the land .so stay in close or go around the back into bynoe , if you need some help just give me a call :fishy: :catch: Geoff
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
Fish'n Chick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Fish'n Chick »

Thank you for the advice/offer of help Mr Corry and everyone else :mrgreen: . That's what I love about this forum - plenty of good advice and assistance. I can't wait until I've been up here for 40 years and can offer some useful assistance to a newcomer one day :catch: Reckon it will take me that long to suss the fishing out up here :bonk: