which sport is better ??

Put your poll about non-fishing topics here.

which sport is better ??

AFL
70%
Rugby league
20%
Rugby union
10%

Total votes: 20

jordan doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

which sport is better ??

Post by jordan doevy »

which sport do you like best and why ??
Last edited by jordan doevy on Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schools what i do in between fishing ;)
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Cos I was born into the Rugby League world
Regards Dick
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

..........go south sydney
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

he dogs of war don't negotiate
The dogs of war won't capitulate,
They will take and you will give,
And you must die so that they may live
Regards Dick
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
temp
Seadog
Seadog

Post by temp »

AFL for me, but only because I grew up following it. Didn't even know what Rugby was until I was about 15 or so. Don't mind rugby league, just don't understand all the finicky rules at times. I must admit the State of Origin games are awesome, I went to one at Suncorp s few years ago and the atmosphere rivalled any AFL game I've been to.
Cheers
Craig
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

Apart from netballers, rugby players are the only sportsmen and women I know of who pass the ball :cheers: . A.F.L always.
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

AFL, probably only 'cause I grew up playing in country Vic, played Union and League in the army and enjoyed them both immensely. Coached junior/schoolboy AFL on and off for the last 20 years but happy to see the kids try them all.
One of the greatest things about Darwin is the exposure kids get to all sports, then they can make up their own minds.
I really enjoy watching League on telly.........except for what they choose to call scrums :banghead: (what's the point???), I have gone off watching AFL as the new rules have destroyed a good game I reckon.

Did someone mention Soccer?????????????????? :shock:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Football

Post by Faulksy »

Its hard to beat 90,500 at the "G" on ANZAC day even if the black and white dogs win.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Did someone mention Soccer??????????????????
It's not on the list Punter, otherwise it would’ve got the tick from me. I’ve been involved either playing or coaching football (soccer) since I was 5 years old.
It’s not known as the world game for nothing!

Blinky

punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

There is a really strong following in if soccer in Darwin's primary aged kids, due mostly I think to parents perception of it being a non-contact sport. I reckon it's great to see all those kids out having a go and accolades to those who give up their time to help them.

Everyone was an armchair expert last year during the World Cup, I wonder if this has helped get more people involved at the grass roots level?

Great to see the new stadium will be operational soon, could be our ticket into an Asian League eh!
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
CelticMale35
Silver Member
Silver Member

Union ...for certain

Post by CelticMale35 »

Nothing like standing in the crowd when the Wallabies step up to the line against the All Blacks ...AFL is ok so is Leauge but you can not imagine the immense feeling of oneness with your fellow Australians when the lads in green and gold stand to defiantley for the Haka and its game on ... I challange anyone not to feel pride at the point when the whistle blows .....
Tight Lines and Flat trajectories ... for all and remember .. .375H&H the caliber for all occasions
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

punter wrote:There is a really strong following in if soccer in Darwin's primary aged kids, due mostly I think to parents perception of it being a non-contact sport. I reckon it's great to see all those kids out having a go and accolades to those who give up their time to help them.

Everyone was an armchair expert last year during the World Cup, I wonder if this has helped get more people involved at the grass roots level?

Great to see the new stadium will be operational soon, could be our ticket into an Asian League eh!
I may be wrong but, I’m pretty sure soccer has the most number of juniors of the “footballâ€ÂÂ
Last edited by Blinky on Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinky

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

..........i feel there were a couple of sports that were left off this list one off which i think would be quite popular on this forum & i consider myself a finely tuned athlete & compete regularly that sport being "FISHING"

:fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:

:cheers: ........... :cheers: ................. :cheers: .................... :cheers: ............. :cheers: ..................... :cheers:
Boof
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Boof »

There's no question Rugby League No. 1 (go the eels!) :mrgreen: with Union a close second. Any sport where you get a point for missing can't compare :grin: