Hardies 19/4

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Hardies 19/4

Post by Hally10 »

Quick trip out to hardies yesterday. First time out there for me and the boat so Im not an expert. Was a cracker morning and trolled around a few of the pandanus sections for no fish. Pushed through the grass to the outer section (grass on both sides?). Flicked weedies and frogs till we were nackered. Went up a little creek flowing into the same area for a break and something to eat. Could hear books all round and saw fish chasing insects and small fish at the surface. Threw small poppers and small lures at them for another half and hour to no avail. Decided to call it quits and head back. No fish but a great morning out. Very pretty country round there. Y'all gotta admit we're pretty blessed with our locations up here.

Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Hardies 19/4

Post by Dex38 »

Government websites have Corroboree and Hardies Closed?
wadeqld'r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wadeqld'r »

Hally10,
I think I passed you a few times up in the grass section up top, I was solo in the black Formosa. I observed the same as you, plenty of good boofs in the grass but still a bit to high. I was using only weedless soft plastics and dropped a few due to poor hook up, still a great morning out, beautiful country out there.
Cheers,
Wade
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Did you go out on the floodplain ?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Hally10
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Hally10 »

Yeah wade though I was seein double. Frustrating morning but you can't complain too much. Yeah blinky. I've not been there before so if the fully grassed up area is the floodplain then yeah. Plenty of fish in the grass if you can get to em. Take a spear maybe?
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Right at the bottom end there's a major creek running in, go up there and it turns into a bit of a maze of channels that lead out onto the floodplain, pretty easy to get lost at night.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
ajbear
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ajbear »

Hit hardies up today, prob caught 20 barra (pity the best of them was 58cm) a sarratoga a few tarpon and the ever present powertail, soft plastics cast along the edges of the grass/pandanus seemed to do the trick
Just remember if all else fails "try like F##K" !!!!!!!