Cooroboree Today - 28 May 13

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Cooroboree Today - 28 May 13

Post by Shane Doevy »

Well with my old man on his way up here next week I thought i better do some exploration to see if I can find them a fish.

Yesterday the wind held off so the initial plan was to head to do some logging for the mag but the wind gods put paid to that pretty early. Dropped in this morning at Buff creek and didnt take long to realise that the weather was CRAPOLA - did a bit if a run over the bottle washer to see if the new SIMRAD was performing and it was working treat - as was the 80 lb IPILOT in less than average conditions it was able tol hole m on the wreck but my heads was doing me in with the up and down stuff so I headed back and took off for the freshwater.

Arrived at Cooroboree and launched no issues - first stop got a few small tarpon hits but no hook ups. Next stop the first barra in probably 12 months hit the deck a nice 60cm specimen - happy with that followed shortly there after by a nice saratoga. The fish are holding back in the lilly sticks and all i did was cast back into the sticks with 3 inch reidys rubbers and retrive throught he sticks - you do end up getting weed a lot of the time but the fishing was great.

At around 1.00 the fish went crazy and it was a fish a cast there for a while. Mainly Saratoga with a few barra thrown in - including one really good specimen who I caught twice - fist cast he swiped at the lure and dropped it - so i cast back in again and he grabbed it and came to the boat - i dont think he really knew he was hooked - bit hard on your own and doesnt help when the net is leaning up against the back of the carport - DOH - anyway good fun watching them attack the lure.

I was using a new range of 20 lb leaders and they worked really well - they were designed for flathead but worked well casting the small lures into the tight country - plenty of times the fish burrowed into the sticks but i dragged them out - salad and all!!

Must have been doing something right - spoke to one of the guides at the ramp - he said he couldnt put his punters onto a barra at all today!!

More product testing tomorrow - the goal is to land a barra on an 8 lb bream leader if they can stand up to a barra they can land bream.

Ahh time away was agony but leave is AWESOME.

Shane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Cooroboree Today - 28 May 13

Post by jeffish »

Right choice there mate ,well done thanks for the read and nice fish :applause:
uniball
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by uniball »

Welcome back man and well done
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Nice one, heaps of saratoga out there! We got almost all our fish from way back in the dead stalks too
pocketfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pocketfish »

Awesome! i'm going to try some new frogs at Corroboree on Sunday and a few weedless SP's hopefully I can boat a couple. Love that place.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

I'll back shanes new 20lb leaders, I've been using them to target Barra on the flats for the last few months on my barra spin set up, and the distance I can get out of my cast does make a big difference.
----------------------------
-----------------------------
pocketfish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pocketfish »

Where can you get this leader? FOW? or direct.
Ben Jam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ben Jam »

Just send shane a PM.
----------------------------
-----------------------------