which fishing magazine is your favourite ????

Quiz FFF members on fishing and outdoors topics using the forum polling function

which fishing mag is your favourite ?????

Fish finder
75%
Modern fishing
11%
fishing world
No votes
barra, bream, bass
11%
fly life
No votes
saltwater fly fisherman
4%

Total votes: 28

back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

which fishing magazine is your favourite ????

Post by back-cast »

.........which fishing mag is your favourite mag ?????

.........do you eagerly wait for the next issue or do you subscribe ?????

.........how many do you think you have ?????

:naughty: ......... :naughty: .......... :naughty: ............. :naughty: ............. :naughty: ................. :naughty:

:cheers: .......... :cheers: ......... :cheers: ............ :cheers: ........... :cheers: ........... :cheers: ........... :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

WAngler :wink:
Regards Dick
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

mags

Post by flicker »

before I moved up here I was a regular magazine buyer, couldn't get enough fishing stories and info.
Since being here I am living it so dont have to read about it.
Apart from the fish finder of course, I've baught a few naffa mags and a few b&b but don't even buy them anymore.
Like I said I'm living the dream now, not saying I know it all , far from it but I'd rather spend my money on another lure or some fuel.

This site is the best mag around anyway!

Cheers Flicker :mrgreen:
you don't know if you don't give it a go
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

........look's like the Fish Finder Magazine is the go at the moment, funny how the other's don't seem to have much of a following up in the territory, i think it's like "flicker" said you don't need the magazines to dream about fishing when your living your dream's

:fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:

:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy:

:naughty: ........... :naughty: .............. :naughty: ............. :naughty: ............... :naughty: .............. :naughty: .............. :naughty:

................................................................................................................................................
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Used to rate "Freshwater Fishing" as a good read and good value when I lived in Vic, can't go past FF for value up here. :cheers:
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Chuck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Chuck »

I think your absolutely right flicker, you don't get the time up here to daydream about fishing - you actually go out fishing! Plus you can learn more by reading this forum about whats working locally and where. By the time the magazine has gone to print the fishing scene has more than likely changed and the conditions are very different than a month or two ago. Also the answers to most questions are only a keyboard away these days.
Life's Short - Fish Hard
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Yep FFF is the best form of mag. Most people give you upto the minute info. :mrgreen:

I do get the trade a boat mag every now and again... just to dream.. and to read on the dunny :grin: I will be reading it a bit more now that my dear old mum got me a 12 month subsrciption to it.... she must want me to buy a new boat as well :angel: :angel:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Matthew Brown
Silver Member
Silver Member

Preferred magazine

Post by Matthew Brown »

For me the best magazine to read is Western Angler. Very nicely put together showing all the great spots around the best state in Australia. Good interesting articles, great pictures and a pretty good website too. Also has a fair amount of content that is shore or spots that are 2wd based which is what i am only capable of at the moment.

I eagerly await the magazine when it is time to come out. Sitting down to read it makes me feel home sick. Cant wait to get back and do some fishing for tailor and salmon. :catch:

The only other fishing magazine that i'd contemplate buying would be Fishing World as it scores highly on the looks factor and is pretty good to read also.

The other fishing mags seem to be full of adds and 'product reviews' which seem to be the same anyway. :sleep:

I'd say that FFF is a great read but i regard it as more of a reference book as it only comes out every two years. :bow:

I look at the rivers and reefs depicted in the FFF :catch: and dream about owning a 4x4 and a boat to get out there amongst it.
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Flicker hit the nail on the head. I haven't bought one since I moved up here. Back at home there must be about 300 of them in my old room.

I used to like Freshwater Fishing. It had some great articles. Used to have the Fishing World subscription too. That was ok,usually got a barra article in every issue. In Victoria they have some provincial magazines also for each part of the state. Like South west angler,North east angler,south east angler,etc. I got a very bad article in one of them once I wrote ,when I was at uni.
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

I like the fish and boat newspaper type thing from north Queensland its more relative to our types of fishing they have good tips on tropical fishing and you dont get recycled stuff like the glossy mags and it doesnt cost an arm and a leg
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

I should add if you are keen you can contribute to that paper I sent an article with a couple of photos a while back and they sent me 85 bucks ,money for jam.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

mags

Post by dodgyone »

Dont buy too many fishing mags these days. Dont mind Wangler though. You wouldnt be biased would you Dick. :wink:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Tiwi Storm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiwi Storm »

i can't vote for my favourite, it's not up there...
i like the new one, adventure angler, it's a great format, and not full of pretentious million dollar fisho's..
it's just more like normal, everyday fisher folk, and normal every day fishing spots. full of good, helpful info, as opposed to the "buy this product, buy that product" rubbish all the other mags are so full of...i don't buy any of the other mags anymore..
i buy fish finder, but i don't count that as one of the normal rags.. for one, it's only out every 2 years or whatever.. and 2, it's more of an info bible than a fishin rag
gill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gill »

I'm with Tiwi,

Adventure angler is great. Really good info if you're travelling about too. :mrgreen:

And yes fishfinder is more biblical than magazine :bow: :bow:
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

i cant vote for my favourite magazine...its not in the poll.

"Eurotrash never say no"

OH, sorry fishing magazine ....cant go past FFinder.
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)