Hand feeding my bazzza

Put fishing videos only here, general videos have a another forum below.
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Hand feeding my bazzza

Post by NathanL »

Check it out
Hes gettin real agro lately - must be hungry or somethin'.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgh7nTIhbZE

Loves frozen prawns and squid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Thats another thing i miss about howard springs reserve
was feeding the meter plus fish while in the water. They to loved the
banana prawns i use to feed them. If you placed the prawn
in the right postion when it comes up to feed you get the full noise of the
boof, use to turn heads in the park.
Image Image
NathanL
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NathanL »

Yeah I never really went down to the howard springs reserve but I heard about it alot - whats the go with it now? just been blocked off or something?

Just setup your own pond MS, simple as man, great fun hand feeding bazzas. He seems to be most active when its pissing down with rain though, which is a bit werid.

The spangled perch in there is pretty ape too, fights the barra for food some days (they're both nearly the same size).
Only problem is I really wanted to keep some rainbows in there too - but they just get chopped.
bandit

Post by bandit »

hey salad man... re: howard springs reserve.. its current condition is a direct result of to many bores tapped into the howard springs aquifer.
to put it simply, to many people, took to much water, which has stopped the groundwater discharge (ie, howard springs)...
this has had an adverse effect on howard springs reserve. to my knowledge, you cant swim in there. and i imagine its very uninviting now anyway. :moon:

Im also pretty sure all those barra and everything else in there died as a result - however will stand corrected if needed :-?
natural sparks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by natural sparks »

Theres still some big old girls in there and they come and have a look at ya when ya crouch down on the banks
almost grab them if you were that way inclined
lots of leeches down there too
When I grow up I can't wait to be a grown up...........
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

Was down there last June and the big barra were still there, plus a heap of other stuff, turtles are still there too. And mosquitos :bricks:

Closed for swimming tho, was talking to a ranger and they were still trying to get the bacteria levels in the water right for swimming. I have never in my life seen that lagoon look so blue though. Was freaky.

Many happy memories of riding the old pushie down on the weekend, spending a few hours of fun and frivolity in the lagoon and then trying to peddle home utterly exhausted! Oh those were the days. Pity my daughter doesn't get to enjoy them now. :cry:
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
bandit

Post by bandit »

interesting to hear the barra and the rest of the stuff in there is still alive... obviously the bacteria/algea is only nasty to humans!!!

maybe they should catch the barra and release them at iron bridge.. let them filtre into shoal bay!!! :idea: :catch:
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

I have always wanted to try a hookless popper in pitch black darkness :twisted:
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jules74 »

coroboreebandit wrote:re: howard springs reserve.. its current condition is a direct result of to many bores tapped into the howard springs aquifer.
My folks have owned the block we are on for over 30 years, and we have always had a bore. But even I have noticed (usually you have to hit me with it) that the bore starts to suck air towards the end of the dry season, and you start praying for rain.

Yes I agree this is due to too many people sucking water up, but it is also due to (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong) PAWA supplying water from bores rather than Darwin River Dam, and the way the government have changed the drainage system along side the roads.

When I was a kid, Wadham Lagoon down the end of the road used to fill up and my brother and I used to play in the water, these days you are lucky if it makes the edge of the swamp let alone the end of road sign. Instead of the water running down the road, (and through all the blocks on the way) it is redirected through drains straight into the Howard. The majority of it misses the land where it is needed (to seep through into the artesian wells if nothing else).

But I suppose that is progress for you, society wanting perfection at the cost of the environment. Ok, off my soap box now :grin:
Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin