NT GPS Card Install Instructions - Elite and HDS units

jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: NT GPS Card Install Instructions - Elite and HDS units

Post by jabsy »

I'd recommend another adapter just in case. I can lend you one 76Tourer if you cant get hold of one.

76Tourer
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 76Tourer »

Thanks for the reply Jabsy but the micro SD go's into the sounder with no adapter .

Matt the card states it's a 128 MB so should be small enough (under 2GB) so I'll try getting into In & Outboard in the morning and ask Michael what I've done ....
sobergrub
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by sobergrub »

let us know how you went. I got the same problem with mine as well
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

My bad, I didn't think there was a sounder that took microSD. (I'm a humminbird man as from today...)

I should have a few cards under 2GB if you want to try them out, I'm at Howard Springs.
76Tourer
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by 76Tourer »

Dropped in and seen Michael .... what a great bloke ! He sez that the Elite can be a bit tempermental to upload the points into, so he put the data onto a 1GB card, put it in the sounder and hey presto no problems . He wasn't sure why it was so, but putting the data onto a bigger card (still smaller then 2GB) worked most of the time .

Thanks for the help guy's :D
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

Hey guys, ime having the same problem with my Elite 7 HDI, took nav gold card out,put the card in(128mb Northern Territory card) and went to waypoints,trails etc and pressed "load from card" and then got the"please insert card up to 2 Gb".
Looks like i need to do what you did 76Tourer, how did you load it onto a bigger card?.
Maybe i need to get down to in and out marine but if i can sort it from hom it would be better.Can you just plug these cards into your computer and copy them to a bigger card or do you need a special program that recognises the data?
Edo
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Should be able to copy and paste onto a bigger blank card if you retain the file structure, but don't put it in a folder on that card or you'll mess it up :)
Edo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Edo »

thanks Matt,
ive got my boat in for a service at In and Out in May and they said they would take care of the card whilst the boat motor is getting serviced.
Cheers
Edo
Maark
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Maark »

Thanks for posting your original instructions Matt. Finally bought a territory card and couldn't figure it out, so pulled out the computer to search FFF and found the simple instructions. They should have included that when you purchase the card.