Mounting LSS-2

Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Mounting LSS-2

Post by Andy Grey »

Anyone got some shots of how and where you mounted your LSS-2 transducer? I have a hornet 4.35 with 40 yammy. Got the info re position in relation to mounting for overlaying etc just wondrring more about height on transom etc. any help appreciated.

http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Mounting LSS-2

Post by nomad »

Just follow the instructions to the letter, cant go wrong or here https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourcei ... transducer
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

According to the installation instructions you what to mount the side scan transducer just above the bottom of the hull - and normal transducer just below. (Side scan is onky used at slow speed so it still in water, but a little more protected)

I get a great picture from this set up

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jabsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jabsy »

They are one big mofo of a transducer aren't they.... I thought my Humminbird HDSI was a big one.
mako
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mako »

2D transducer to the outside of boat 1/8" to 1/4" below transom, sides can transducer inside of boat, level to transom(best used at 3-5mph so does not need to be below transom), put some distance between them so the wide angle side scan does not catch the 2D in its beam. 2D transducer, start with 1/8", leave screws semi-tight so it can be adjusted during test, angle foward a few degrees to stop air bubbles.
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Awesome fellas thanks heaps, should be pretty straight forward by the looks of it. Its a massive ducer but worth having looking at the results it provides. Might have to much around a bit with the distance between the 2d as my transom mounting plate is only smalll. Will take my time with this install i think and make sure i do it right. Cheers for the tips Mako and nomad and for the pic jonr. Big help.
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

jonr wrote: (Side scan is onky used at slow speed so it still in water ......
mako wrote: best used at 3-5mph so does not need to be below transom
Mine works great at speed - down scan that is, as opposed to side scan. My 'traditional' sonar some times
gets all temperamental at speed and won't play the game, so I'm often running at speed with the down scan on .... :mrgreen:
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

slug wrote:
jonr wrote: (Side scan is onky used at slow speed so it still in water ......
mako wrote: best used at 3-5mph so does not need to be below transom
Mine works great at speed - down scan that is, as opposed to side scan. My 'traditional' sonar some times
gets all temperamental at speed and won't play the game, so I'm often running at speed with the down scan on .... :mrgreen:
Same here, I get a great picture with downscan the whole way to 65 km/h but the broadband starts to bug out around 40 km/h.