Lowrance settles case against Humminbird

Angry
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Lowrance settles case against Humminbird

Post by Angry »

maybe this is why Lowrance HDS Series 2 has all of a sunned made an appearence ??

Johnson Outdoors Inc. and Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics Inc., and Navico Inc. jointly announced that they resolved their dispute related to Johnson Outdoors' patented Humminbird Side Imaging sonar technology and Navico's StructureScan accessory to its displays.

“As a result of the settlement, the case has been dismissed,” the companies said in a statement. “The companies have mutually agreed that the terms of the out-of-court settlement will remain confidential.”

In 2010 Johnson Outdoors filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Navico for selling certain fishfinding equipment.

Johnson Outdoors said its side-imaging sonar produces detailed and recognizable images of underwater objects and bottom structures, enabling anglers to pinpoint habitat, structure and dropoffs that are prime holding areas for fish.

The company's complaint said Navico expended substantial resources to inform the trade and relevant purchasers of fishfinding products that it, too, would use side-scan technology to compete directly with Humminbird, knowing that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office had approved the patent.

Angry

"I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you"

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.