my first post

Catch and cook a seafood buffet, with or without barramundi.
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

my first post

Post by got-none »

Hi all, my first ever post, any way threw some pots out a cat creek thursday night and left them out overnight and checked them first thing this morning on the high, to my suprise there were 3 good bucks out of 5 pots so it was clear i was gonna have a good chew weather i got fish or no fish :clap:

next was the steel barge at the front of east arm to see what was going on and after about 20 red fish i movedc on to town hall.

Hammered over there and the swells and current were unreal :captain: any way after about 3 goes of anchoring it would hold for 2 minutes then all of a sudden id be drifing at 2.2 knots on the gps :o i got the s...ts, anchored 20 metres in front and she hooked up.

I sat down cracked a coldie :drinking2: and proceeded to rig up for jewies and get a mack line out.

I baited up with pillie and squid threw it in :fishing: and lit up a smoke :smoking: and enjoyed my beer the breeze and just as i started thinking about how lucky i am to have the day off BANG! my little abu rod buckled over :shock: at first there was no fight so i thought id been reefed as it was snagged :bs: . after a bit of cursing the line freed up and to my suprise was the weirdest fish id ever seen :-? . i held it up to the boys in the other boat and they said it was a barramundi cod and the best eating fish in the sea. so in the esky it went.

straight after my little episode the boys hooked up to something huge. so i cracked another beer :drinking2: and sat down and watched for 20 minutes as this bloke was busting his arse to gain on the monster he'd hooked :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . after what seemed like ages he had the biggest spanish mack id ever seen boatside, gaffed, bled on ice. funny thing is he was bottom bashing for jewies with a barra outfit with no trace and landed a monster mack :shock: , unreal what can happen on the water. but there you go guys, my day and my first post. cheers :drinking1:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

great post to start off with :applause: :applause:

A barramundi cod in the harbour :shock: :shock: don't bother with lotto tickets for a while cause your luck just got used up :cool:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

get any pics man or what???? a barra-cod in the harbour would be a first for sure :shock: :shock: :shock:

good report :wink: 8-)

:drinking1: Harmsey
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

top first report matey, 8-)
some photos would of topped it off, :grin:, a barramundi cod hey...sure it wasnt one or the other :-?
Image Image
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

barra cod photos- should work

Post by got-none »

matt flynn told me what i was doing wrong when uploading pics so hopefully this works touch wood.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" -Albert Einstein-
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE PIC OF A DEAD FISH BUT I WAS BY MYSELF AND COULDNT GET A PIC OF ME HOLDING IT ALIVE. MY BAD
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

that is for sure a barra cod :shock: :shock:

must say i thought you must of caught something else but wow :applause: :applause:

well done man :bow: :bow:
Night Stalker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Night Stalker »

Very nice. :applause:
I contend that where you fish is the
most important factor in catching fish.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Awesome catch. Let us know how it cooks up.

Well, the barramundi cod has now been reported with pictures from Lorna Shoals, Lee Point and now Town Hall so obviously barramundi cod are a Darwin fish.

They are so tasty and high-priced on the live fish market that fishermen in Qld have been banned from taking them because they became scarce :mrgreen:

It seems there is always something new to learn about our waters, this forum sure helps pool the knowledge :mrgreen:
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

cod

Post by flicker »

maybe they're escapees from the channel island fish farm , they've got some nice ones in the tanks there :rofl:

Cheers flicker :mrgreen:
you don't know if you don't give it a go
got-none
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by got-none »

:rofl: thats what i love about all us fishos. we all know how to have a beer and a laugh and how to pull the p..s out of one another without getting offended. imagine the lawyers forumn :lol:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

nice catch got none :mrgreen: , had me fooled, you've done well.
i'll be fishing that area 2moro, whats the chances of seeing a few people anchored up trying to score another :lol:
Image Image