OUTBOARD COVERS

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

OUTBOARD COVERS

Post by Blinky »

I’m looking around at a protective cowl cover for my outboard (90 Suzi), have had a gander at the Outboard Cover Australia website and sussed the local dealers. I’d prefer the badged up type but open to any comments/advice.

Has anyone had a cover made locally?
By whom and what are they like?
Got any photo’s?

Thanks in advance.

Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
landlocked
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by landlocked »

blinky i have used the outboard covers australia ones on 3 motors and reckon they are great , good fit and well made.
GS marine is an agent for them and you can get suzuki badged ones if you like. :cheers:
From the heart of the channel country.
To be old and wise, one has to have been young and stupid !!!
Dex38
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dex38 »

Blinky, I've owned an OCA cover which I had on a 50 HP Johnson. It was a snug fit as used an elastic setup around the bottom to secure it. It was light blue and silver. It got dirty pretty quick whilst the plain black looks the goods so far.

I went to Intrim to have one made for my 140 HP Suzi. It fits like a glove, and uses a couple of tabs which sit under the cowl to hold it down. The guys there have a few template already made up so you can normally see what your getting before you buy. Just depends on what they have on the shelves.

OCA had the brand name on it, whilst my local cover is plain black.

I didn't have any trouble with either setup.

Dex
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Blinky I have had the locally made ones and they were fine ....but the OCA ones and wet suit ones look better....

When the $$ fairy comes to visit me I will get one for the esky :mrgreen:

The one in the picture was on the slapper and was made by a bloke in gerraween road...cost $180
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

the bloke that was in Giraween rd is Intrim hes now at coolalinga hes the one with the ATVs on the left heading out
Rhet
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Rhet »

I have a 70 Suzuki and went to the OCA website to check out what they had. I really wanted a suzuki badged one, which they recommend to go through your local dealer for.

I did my homework and rang around about 12 dealers nationwide and the place I bought from on the goldcoast delivered to me about $80 cheaper than if I walked into my nearest dealer.

I actually thought that the cover would be padded to reduce a bit of noise, however it isn't. I have seen some before that have a vinyl type outer cover and about 10mm rubber/foam liner. The suzuki one isn't like these.....It is quite thin with elastic around the bottom to hold it on. The outer material feels like a gortex type material, but I don't think it actually is gortex.....and it it is lined with a with fluffy material, similar to what the old school parkas used to be lined with.

I haven't fitted it yet, as am doing a major renovation of a boat that I bought off these classifieds a few months ago (4.8 stessl tri-angler) which I have been meaning to do a diary of and post on here. A combination of the lack of time and being a computer spastic who can't work out how to post photos has stopped me.

I can email you photos if you like off the cowl and I will fit it if you would like to see it fitted.

It does look very good and the main reason I wanted it was to protect the cowl which I have no doubt it will so I am not too concerned with it not being very thick to deaden some noise. As you would know, these motors are very quite anyway.

I can send you prices and the dealer I got it from if you wish. I will refrain from posting this information publicly in case anyone gets their nose out of joint. Although if any one wants to know, Pm me..............

Cheers, Rhet
XXtreme
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by XXtreme »

I had Grant Davis of INTRIM do all of my covers (Bimini & Bimini Cover, Full Boat Cover, Cowl Cover and Full Motor Cover) - $1300 the lot back in 2002 for a Quintrex 475 Topender. I've used these covers on my boat since new (2002) and they are great. The cowl cover fits like a glove and locks in place with 2 small tabs that fold up under the cowl when you lock it onto the motor.
I can't speak highly enough of Grants workmanship and quality products, he doesn't drill any holes or make any mods to your pride and joy like I have seen with other cover manufacturers.
Grant has closed his upholstery store at Coollalinga and is operating once agin from home however you will find him at his ATVs NT store at Coollalinga.

Tip for Cleaning covers: When you come home from a trip, give you boat a quick hose down then mix up CT18 Truckwash (as per instruction) in a 5L garden sprayer. Spray your boat and covers and let sit for 10-15Mins then hose and sponge off. The dirt just comes straight off and my covers and boat paint work still look like new after 5yrs and its DFE.

Cheers :mrgreen:

Dicko