Where did you fish this long weekend?

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Where did you fish this long weekend?

Post by Matt Flynn »

Where did you fish this long weekend? And if you didn't go, what's your excuse?

harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

went out and fished the narrows on friday hoping to pick up a jew or some goldies but had no luck. landed a monster powertail must of toped the scales at about 40-50lb the boga grips only go to 30lb and it was a lot better than that. got some good fish there the week before on the smaller tides but nothing this week. might head out and chase some macks and watch the sunset tonight at 6 mile or lee point. if the weather holds out might hit the Perons tomorrow. geez livin in the NT is hard to handle at times!! :fishing:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

powertail

Post by Matt Flynn »

Geez that's a big powertail, bet you thought it was a jewie
jasonmcc
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Fished the adelaide

Post by jasonmcc »

Hey Matt

We fished the adelaide this morning. Did pretty well got about a dozen barra. Biggest fish was about 75cm, plus I took my sister out and she caught her first barra (actually four of them and all legal). Fished above goat island on some secret snags. A mate and his brother also took their boat and they caughtg about the same amount. Wish I could of fished all weekend, but after the trip to the daly last weekend it all gets a bit too expensive.

Seeya
...............Wishin' I was fishin'...............
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

weekend

Post by dodgyone »

Went down to Bynoe for the weekend. Did ok with a heap of blue salmon, fw goldies and some reasonable jacks. Crabs were pretty quiet. Fibnished with around 10 or so. Went out Wed night to get a pig for crab bait and ended up getting a little buff. Supposed to only be out for a couple of hours but was up all night sorting that out. Then got a pig on the way out to Bynoe on Fri morning so ended up being a pretty good weekend. :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

yep dead set thought it was a jewie had the net out and we were all havin a punt on the size!! almost kicked me mate out of the boat when we seen the wiskers :banghead:
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Long Weekend

Post by Shane Doevy »

Fished Vernons Friday for several skinnys, trevally and a cod - see bluewater forum for that report.
Fished Lee Point Saturday - dropped a line on rick mills eeing as half of Darwin was sitting on bottlewasher. Landed heaps of small fish but couldnt get connected to anything decent - managed to land one nice tuna and dropped about 4 so it was great fun.
Slipped upt he Adelaide this morning for a quiet day chucking a few lures - managed a couple of rats in the cast net, 1 rat from the rock bar just above goat island and one from a snag on a rattler just above that. Had a great feed at Goat island. Was a bit different motoring thru a pea souper on the way up the river.
Time for a few days rest now till next weekend!!
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Chuck
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Chuck »

Hey all, went to the Katherine close to Kings and caught a couple of small Barra 30-40cm and got a feed of Cherabin. Also sent a couple of smaller hogs to the big wallow in the sky. Great weather for camping out, love the NT.
Life's Short - Fish Hard
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Headed out to 4 mile on fri morning, track in was okay, plenty of other campers there as well. caught probably 30 fish but only 2 keepers, which werent reall clean.... most were around the 30cm to 45cm mark but they were hitting the lures like they were alot bigger. all fish were caught on little lucifers. plenty of handbags around as well, saw a few with tags that had been put in the week before. Track on the way out was a shocker.
What a top place to fish and kick back with a few cold ales.
cheers brad
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vernons

Post by shauno »

Fished the Vernons on Sunday, after reading one of Shane Doevy's reports thought we'd check it out. We weren't the only ones either. Plenty of Queenfish and Trevally about but no Macks. The tide really rips over the bommies and ledges out there. Stopped for a bottom bash on the way back but tide was ripping to much only got a couple of sharks. Also had a bit of a bash back in Leaders for some powertails, salmon and a fish we didn't know what it was will post the pic and maybe someone else knows. The road out to Leaders isn't real flash coming back we passed some fellas who had busted their axle we pulled over to see if the needed a hand they said they had it all under control only to take off and have the tyre blow out on my trailer. My son wasn't to impressed he had to be back to play footy at 3.30 and we were pushing for time as it was. Apart from that was a great day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

when i lived in queensland we used to call them sleelies short for steel back salmon have also heard them called morten bay salmon and salmon tailor. use to catch alot of em on small silver lures or live mullet when targeting barra or blue salmon. not bad eating either. im sure someone else will have another name for them up here!!
jonesy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonesy »

Yeah I got one of them in Shoal bay last year.Looks a bit like a Tailor back home.
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

fish

Post by dodgyone »

I would have called it for a Tailor but you wouldnt catch me holding it like that!
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.