Four Mile Hole - Wildman River

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Glenn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Four Mile Hole - Wildman River

Post by Glenn »

Does any one out there know of the thermal spring that is said to exist roughly in the middle of 4 Mile Hole (4MH)? True/False. If it is there do you have the co-ords. for it? :???:

I'd like to see if fish congregate around the warmer water.

Thankyou.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, Whopper in one hand, Beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!!!
Feeling Lucky
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Feeling Lucky »

Hey Glenn,
A mate of my I work with says he has fished that thermal you are talking about with much sucess. But he is on holidays at the moment and I am not to sure where it is in the billabong sorry.
Mad Keen
My job is just a fill in between fishing trips.
Glenn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Glenn »

Ahh, so it is there. Cheers for that Mick. I'll see if me sounder can pick it out.

:wink:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, Whopper in one hand, Beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!!!
Brad the Lad
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Brad the Lad »

I hear that the thermal is in the middle of the billabong,

sounder should be able to pick it up on the troll past, not sure of exact coordinates tho.

you will have to post ur success so we can see how the water temp is going down there.

:moon:
fishing and beers,

wonder what the poor people are up to!!!
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Hey Glenn,
Did you get the co-ords for the spring?

I have been fishing Four Mile since the early 80's and have never came across any evidence of a thermal spring :???: ......but then again most of time fishing there has been in an alcohol induced haze. :cheers:
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Glenn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Glenn »

Blinky,

I don't think in the early 80's there would have been a sounder capable of picking temperature changes in the water. But I wasn't really in the fishing scene when I was 2.

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think I found it. Can't confirm it until I get someone else out there that really knows where it is.

Didn't get anything worth writing about. Just a couple of rats. It was fairly cold out there. Water temp was around 27-28C. We did see any one landing any monsters. There were thousands of little ones around!! The sounder showed a lot of big arches in areas and we tried many types of lures to score nothing. So I'm putting it down to moon phases....... Bad skills too (that is sure to bring a response).

We did manage to find that alcohol haze you mentioned though. :lol:

Feeling Lucky
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Feeling Lucky »

You said it Free....... :grin:
Mad Keen
My job is just a fill in between fishing trips.
flicker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

little fish

Post by flicker »

I have heard that there are swarms of litle barra there at the moment , the ones that fit through a 6" gill net.
you don't know if you don't give it a go
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBeast »

You'll know your on the thermal when your barra is landed half steamed! :lol:
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

I dont have the co ordinates but generally find it okay, 1 give away is the people trolling throu the middle as the billabong opens up.
when you do find it i have found the best way to fish it is to anchor up and jig with a rubber, have done well using this technique in the past.
Was out there When it first opened and got nothing from there, but did really well with the rats and a couple of keepers trolling down the left hand weed banks as you are heading down. cheers
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY