Darwin Harbour Barra 07OCT06

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Darwin Harbour Barra 07OCT06

Post by 2rods »

Got a leave pass for today and headed out to east arm with one of the blokes from work who is a bit of a "harbour barra legend" I have been sworn to secrecy as to the spot we were at but here is a report anyway.

We headed off from the east arm ramp at about 8am, the water was like glass... but the boat ramp was not.... looks like someone pressure cleaned it :applause:

We headed of to old mates spot to fish the last half of the out going tide. When we got there the bait fish were in the mangroves and the only thing in the deep water were small queenies. That soon changed as the tide started to fall.

We anchored up at a small junction and within minutes there were barra boofing and mullet swimming like thorpie down the creeks. We used rubber prawns in white colours and I had mine on a 6kg threadline out fit. First action was not from a barra but a nice goldie of about 30cm. And didn't it just love that prawn.

The Barra were hurding the baitfish up onto a mud/sand bar and I changed over to a gold bomber on the loomis. Boom 1 barra on... then ah bugger 1 barra off... not a good start to drop the first 1 of the day. 5-6 casts later and I was on again and this one made it to the net. 59cm of nice silver barra not big but it was good for dinner :mrgreen:

Old mate hooked and droped 1 on a rubber prawn then he landed a nice goldie of about 40cm. He was also busted of by a nice size barra .... but long distance releases don't count....There were boofs all over the place but the water was dropping quick so we had to leave :cry:

We then went over to Riecharts were old mate got 2 nice barra 60cm mark on them little rubber prawns again. Before we decided to stay in the good books with our wives and head home early.

All in all a very good day for a harbour barra fish. There was some great boofing action that kept the heart rate up. Old mate tells me it is normally better .... :shock: :shock: so I can't wait to see that action. :applause:

cheers and I hope you lucky people who got out today got some fish as well.

2rods :cheers:

:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

sounds like a good time there 2R.

the one i got yesterday i had for tea that day well half of it anyhow.
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest