Cracker night injuries

Introduce yourself, talk about beer, crocs, headlines, dugongs or Paris Hilton.

did you get injured on cracker night???????

yep!! i got burnt
No votes
nope!! got through the night unscathed
27%
no injuries but had a near miss
40%
i locked myself in the bath because im scared of crackers
33%

Total votes: 15

harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Cracker night injuries

Post by harmsey »

so fess up :roll: who lost a finger or an eyeball on cracker night :twisted:

we had 2 very near miss's

1. a cake fell over and a mortar went off in the babys pram :shock: ,,,, thank god she wasent in there :shock: :shock:

2. some knobhead let a cake off from on top of the cliffs behind us and it rolled down the cliff and went off in the middle of our camp, burning a hole in our fireworks bag :shock: :shock: :shock:

i recon its as close to the veitnam war as we will see, loved every second of it but :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

recon we may be close to the last cracker night but :cry:

:cheers: harmsey

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

With multiple ignition sources it took just on an hour to blow up over $400 worth of crackers! :mrgreen: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:
I took the daughter and her boyfriend out for an arvo Barra attack prior to the crackers going off, he was that excited about it all he was visibly shaking! :lol: :lol:

I liked the text message in the NT News the other day…………… cracker night is the night we get our own back on all those ba*stard dogs that bark uncontrollably for the other 364 nights of the year.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

Blinky your front yard looked like an old WW2 ammo dump :rofl: :rofl:

We had 1 or 2 near misses..but all got through OK

My mate from SA who just got here has a full on hunting dog (ducks and geese)

Poor thing was in shock on cracker night.... was trying to work out how he was going to retreave all of them dead ducks :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1rod wanted to blow up more stuff..."dad can you just make some big ones for me" was his call when we ran out of crackers.......
oh thats my boy :grin:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Blinky your front yard looked like an old WW2 ammo dump
All I can say to that is......the kids had better have cleaned it all up by the time I get home from work!
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
redcan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by redcan »

no close calls for us - just a lot of rubbish in the front yard :angel:

two buckets were damaged when my "aerial assault team" flyers failed to launch.

great night in our street. I won't go to the organised areas like mindal or dripstone for fear of being caught in the crossfire.

Good to get one back on all little yappy dogs.

Got the ladder out and went up on our roof to watch the fireworks from neighbood some big $$ going up there.

I rang up 105.7 abc and told them it was great, i am sick of hearing people whining about it.

more people are injured by alcohol stupidity than fireworks themselves.

How many people present to the E.D. on new years with injuries?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
don't drink and ebay
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Blinky wrote:With multiple ignition sources it took just on an hour to blow up over $400 worth of crackers! :mrgreen: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:
I took the daughter and her boyfriend out for an arvo Barra attack prior to the crackers going off, he was that excited about it all he was visibly shaking! :lol: :lol:

I liked the text message in the NT News the other day…………… cracker night is the night we get our own back on all those ba*stard dogs that bark uncontrollably for the other 364 nights of the year.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The bloke that sent that message in to the paper is a member here. Pyro. Should be back online tonight. :wink:

I made it through ok. :cheers:
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

Hate to be the devils advacate BUT CRACKER NIGHT SHOULD BE BANED!!!!

I work at RDH and see the "close calls'' that are too close. This includes a 28 year old who took a cracker in the head and will be lucky to live let alone see again or may be a vegetable the rest of his life.

I guess we have to ask, is a few thrills by ''ANYONE'' worth the lives of others. This includes all the children who suffer horrible burns in our unit every year because of cracker night.

Why not do what every other state has done and pay a few dollars to watch proffesionals do a much better job than the random punters who can get their hands on fire works each year.

Just my honest opinion
BarraMack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BarraMack »

Adam, I am in total agreement with you. :applause:
Andy Grey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Andy Grey »

Id rather spend my hard earned cash on fishing tackle or a great bottle of red. If I wanted something that was expensive, goes bang and smokes alot I would buy a Nissan :)
http:www.andrewgreyphotography.com.au
andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Andy Grey wrote:Id rather spend my hard earned cash on fishing tackle or a great bottle of red. If I wanted something that was expensive, goes bang and smokes alot I would buy a Nissan :)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you got that spot on Andy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: very funny Andy mate :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Adam,
understand your point but i must disagree - we used to have cracker night down south and as a young bloke it was definite HIGHLIGHT of the year - my young blokes have always been down south for holidays since we have been up here and im keen for them to experience it.
As for the professionals doing it - well you couldn't pay me to go have a look at the cr.p that is professional fireworks - just rockets and cr.p.
I think a big part of the issue is the quality of what we are using now - people want bigger bangs etc etc but the fireworks we are getting fall over, the cardboard inners push thorough the bottom knocking multiple launchers over etc etc so perhaps before banning them we need to look at the quality of the stuff that is being imported.
No disrespect to the importers but im sure that if they can lay there hands on cheap stuff and sell it for top dollar then there on it.
Dunno - as i say i understand the it is terrible for people to get hurt but i think with greater quality fireworks then there MAY be less injuries.
There is of course darwins theory of evolution as well. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: although i dont want to cast any dispersions on those that have been injured.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Cheers
Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
redcan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by redcan »

I Disagree too,

On the professional fireworks displays - what about Berry Springs display they had a tube go into the crowd, or so it was reported on the radio.

Cracker night is great.

People will harm themselves and others no matter what laws you have in place.

No one can offer you a Risk Free lifestyle, thats life.

Alcohol kills - I still drink
Motor vehicles Kill - We still drive cars
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by redcan on Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't drink and ebay
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

im with you shane :mrgreen: darwins theory will prevail :mrgreen: i know it was very unfortunate but who puts there head anywhere near a lite firework :banghead:

:cheers: harmsey
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Im willing to lay money its all over for joe blog,it only takes a few morons to wreck it.