Million Dollar Fish No.6

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Million Dollar Fish No.6

Post by Matt Flynn »

Has Million Dollar Fish No. 6 been caught? The rumour mill is running strong ... info to follow below.

Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Million Dollar Fish No.6

Post by Rug »

Yep confirmed by Dept of Tourism presser.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
Jer
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Jer »

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

NT GOVT PRESS RELEASE

Darwin resident Paul Baunach has become the 6th fisho to reel in a barramundi worth $10,000 as part of the NT Government’s Million Dollar Fish competition.

The 63.5cm $10,000 barra caught at Channel Island was the same barra released by Top End Golden Ticket winner Rodney Ward who won the opportunity to release one of the 101 prize-tagged barra.

Rodney congratulated Paul on the catch, “I was hoping someone would catch that particular fish,” he said.

The Million Dollar Fish competition kicked off on 1 October 2017, with a record six $10,000 fish caught in the first 16 days of the competition and the $1 Million tagged barramundi still to be caught.

Department of Tourism and Culture CEO Alastair Shields congratulated Paul on being the 6th fisho to hook a prize-tagged fish.

“Just yesterday I said to get out on the water to fish the NT, the conditions are proving perfect for fisho’s,” Mr Shields said.

“I encourage all anglers and their families to come to the Territory, try their luck at catching the Million Dollar Fish and enjoy our unique tourism experiences while they’re here.”

The Million Dollar Fish competition is a great initiative that has helped to boost the NT’s reputation as the best place in the world to stay, play and fish and lure more visitors to the Territory during the wet season from October to February.

In Season 3 of the competition, 101 barramundi have been tagged and released across the Territory with 100 carrying $10,000 cash prize tags. That means there are still 94 $10,000 barra's lurking and the prized Million Dollar Fish to be caught, plus a haul of prizes to be won just by registering for the competition.

So if you want to wet a line on the chance you can win, register for free on http://www.milliondollarfish.com.au and book a holiday to the NT today.

A Chef by trade Mr Baunach is originally from Newcastle and often goes fishing in the NT.

“I caught another fish earlier in the week in a different spot, and heard some fisho’s out there talking about seeing a fish with a red tag so I was looking out for one,” Mr Baunach said.

“When I saw the fish I could see it had a red tag and thought I’d better hook it.” Paul plans to use his winnings to go on a surf trip with mates to Indonesia.

The Million Dollar Fish competition attracts approximately 40,000 interstate visitors to the Top End for fishing each year, as well as an additional 40,000 Territorians that travel to fish across the year.

CrownBet CEO Matt Tripp said he was delighted to see the sixth tagged barra caught in a great start to the season.

“Million Dollar Fish is the greatest fishing comp in Australia, and we’re hoping season 3 will reel in the big one.

“Season 1 saw 10 prize-tagged barramundi worth $10,000 each caught and season two reeled in eight $10,000 barra’s, so the competition has had a total of $180,000 in cash awarded and we’re tipping season three might top both seasons.”

Season 3 of the Million Dollar Fish competition runs from 1 October 2017 to 28 February 2018 and participants must register online at http://www.milliondollarfish.com.au for their chance to win a prized barra or one of the sponsors’ prizes.

For information on NT fishing regulations and best practice catch and release methods download the free Northern Territory (NT) Fishing Mate app on your smart phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

This is bl..dy ridiculous