On my tippy toes

Tell us about your own or others' fishing, boating, 4X4 or camping trip gone wrong. With pictures.
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

On my tippy toes

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,

Was trying to go for a fish with Sarrge last Saturday, and I didn't manage a single fish.
But I did manage to walk on some oyster rocks while my rock hoper boots where in the back pack, that was on my back...
:bonk:

I will from now on remember where they should be: on my feet...

Have a good day,
Pecheur
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: On my tippy toes

Post by jeffish »

keep the cuts clean mate the can turn real nasty...ouch
FTRAINED
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FTRAINED »

Ouch! Been telling my young bloke what it's like to walk on oyster rocks bare feet as he thinks he's bullet proof fishing landbased. I just showed him your photo - it did the trick. Thanks Pecheur.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Another reason why you should buy my boat mate. :idea:
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hi there,
FTRAINED wrote:Ouch! Been telling my young bloke what it's like to walk on oyster rocks bare feet as he thinks he's bullet proof fishing landbased. I just showed him your photo - it did the trick. Thanks Pecheur.
No worries, always happy to help...
:wink:
double haul wrote:Another reason why you should buy my boat mate. :idea:
Hey, would you give me a credit on 35 years?
:wink: :lol:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Hi pech, good idea to keep a small bottle of Betadine in your kit for situations such as that. Oyster cuts can turn very nasty. It also comes in an ointment form in a plastic tube.Very effective for keeping the wounds sterile and preventing infection. :)
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Thats not a cut Pesh!!!

This is a cut! Sharkgirl sent it to me (she likes to alarm me) after it was circulated at the hospital. It shows the result of mercury poisoning after someone stepped on one of the new environmentally friendly light bulbs.

Just a note....if one of these breaks you should leave the room for 15 minutes while the mercury in the air settles then clean it up with gloves and a broom and shovel. Never use the vacuum cleaner as it will send the mercury into the air as fine particles.

WARNING GRAPHIC!! DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH! PHOTO OF A SEROUSLY LARGE CUT ON SOMEONES FOOT. THIS IS NOT A JOKE

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
kev
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kev »

Faaark mud, just choked on me bikkie
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Thanks for that tidbit Mud, was it a mercury vapour lamp?? got a couple at home, looks like they'll get the flick now, that's scary stuff with a toddler in the house. :o
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

was it a mercury vapour lamp?? got a couple at home, looks like they'll get the flick now, that's scary stuff with a toddler in the house.
we had the same thoughts ol fart......
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Damn that didnt come out too well but the pics might help identify the dangerous ones.
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Yep, M ud, got the second ones across top row...Missus already gone to get old style filament replacements..Picture you posted scared the cr.p out of her. Just have to pay little more carbon tax. :wink: :wink:
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "

Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Gee Mud,

That is a scary pic that you posted...
I would not have had a clue that a post about toes being cut on some oysters would lead to a discussion about different types of lightbulbs and the danger that they represent...
But it was worth it, if I may say.
Thanks for the information.

I might be a bit more carful about the bulb I will put at home now.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Not nice at all but a clear message that things that may appear to be environment friendly may not be so people friendly

Pech,I use to use Friar's Balsam (sp) on all my reef cuts when diving,surfing and fishing it's really good stuff but kids don't take too kindly to it

Shaun
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Geez Shaun, can you still get that stuff?? my old girl used to hit us up with it for every scratch..tha and the good ol' "purple paint". Tried a couple of times to get both but was told no longer available..something to do with the iodine content. :D
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "

Return to “Bad Trips”