Obituary

Got a bad relationship? A rash? A barramundi addiction? Ask Chloe - our expert - she gives a straight answer.
wonderwobler
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Obituary

Post by wonderwobler »

After reading the facebook post by the Tinny boys it is clear that a southerner has influenced/caused the decision to introduce barbed hooks to the classic. Lower the standard of skill to suit less skilled anglers to ensure a profitable event for the organizers. Over promote the comp to attract competitors that can't be trusted to be honest with their released captures. The type of comp it is evolving into needs a new venue, if the organizers want to have 100 boats on the water they should move the event to King Ash Bay. R.I.P

shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

What ! are you scared there may be some better fisherpersons around than the ones who get invited only LOL
RIP the chosen few
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I'm sorry to say, on the surface it appears that the decision has been made based largely on the two year old submission of one man, whom I do have a lot of respect for I might add, although he does have some rather eccentric ideas at times.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
SteveB
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SteveB »

The use of barbed hooks does seem a retrograde step. You have to think they will increase the damage to the fish when trying to release them with the commensurate reduction in survivability.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus
Chloe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: New to Darwin, but from Germany. I was born in Egypt.

Post by Chloe »

Dear wonderwobler. First off there’s two b’s in wobbler, just like two nuts in a sack, you’re not missing one of them as well are you? Looks like it with such a wimpy winge about a silly fish comp. My suggestion is to harden up - I might like you a bit more then :kiss:
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

Chloe wrote:Dear wonderwobler. First off there’s two b’s in wobbler, just like two nuts in a sack, you’re not missing one of them as well are you? Looks like it with such a wimpy winge about a silly fish comp. My suggestion is to harden up - I might like you a bit more then :kiss:
Tough love there from the pysch lounge there!!
leroy14

Post by leroy14 »

Dear Wonder Wobler
The Barra Classic has never had more than 51 boats. Any profits made from the NT Barra Classic goes to the running of the DGFC NOT to line the pockets of any one particular person.

This years NT Barra Classic provides ALL compeditors the the oportunity ti fish with either barbed or barbless hooks. They can also choose to fish with any line class they wish.

There is nothing stopping any of them fishing the same as the comp has been the last 15 or so years i.e Barbless and Braid with leader.

It would be great if people posting views here had the true facts first.
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

leroy14 wrote:Dear Wonder Wobler
The Barra Classic has never had more than 51 boats. Any profits made from the NT Barra Classic goes to the running of the DGFC NOT to line the pockets of any one particular person.

This years NT Barra Classic provides ALL compeditors the the oportunity ti fish with either barbed or barbless hooks. They can also choose to fish with any line class they wish.

There is nothing stopping any of them fishing the same as the comp has been the last 15 or so years i.e Barbless and Braid with leader.

It would be great if people posting views here had the true facts first.
OH! So does that mean it's still only open to the chosen few?ie:The invited only
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
leroy14

Post by leroy14 »

yes
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

THE BOYS CLUB

Shows what sort of a fisherman I am
Couldn't raise a bite from anyone
Have a fat time there fellas and catch heaps
Chloe
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: New to Darwin, but from Germany. I was born in Egypt.

Post by Chloe »

Listen boys, take your 'gay as' silly little barramundi competition and place it where it fits best, that's not in my forum. It says Don't Talk Barramundi Fishing Here. Now run along and play nice in your own sand pit and leave me alone to concentrate on those annoying rashes that people get in those nether regions :kiss:

Return to “Ask Chloe”