What go pro to get?

2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

What go pro to get?

Post by 2rods »

Looking at getting a go pro but don't know what one.. Any ideas? Pros and cons..

:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
sheps
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: What go pro to get?

Post by sheps »

I am looking for a go pro as well so hopefully someone knowes a bit about them. I want one to stick on my car and also stick to my firefighting helmet.
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

Camera House at Palmy has them. The staff seem to know a lot about them.
garrynt
Seadog
Seadog

Post by garrynt »

Gopro Hero 2 (latest one) outdoor version.
Make sure you get all the extras as well (Grab bag of mounts, handlebar mount etc)
I recently also got another enclosure for underwater filming (attached to the blur fix lens).

Best option for firies helmet would be a permanent stick on attachment (standard with original camera purchase). I'm not sure how camera (enclosure) will go with extreme heat but the lens are replaceable ( I remember the diff my old helmet/visor made when I used to get in amongst it in the 90's) From purchase to filming in heat of action -10 mins. You'll probably p..s everyone off over time by asking them and pointing at your head saying "is it flashing red?" (meaning its operating)

For the car, use a suction mount attachment & make sure you have set it correct (there will be little-no movement)

Pros- I just leave mine on all the time when out fishing. Just keep up a ready supply of batteries (2-2.5 hrs recording) and plenty of SD 10speed cards 16GB-32GigaByte size.

Cons- You will want more attachments to do something different.
The lens is easily scratchable ( I store my camera in stubby coolers)
My BIGGEST TIP is get a bag for the gopro gear with different storage compartments for clips/suction cups etc
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

I got the go pro hd hero 2 outdoors edition
I also bought 4 batteries an LCD screen to view what you have recorded while out there but it doesn't let you delete it which was main reason I wonted it
2 spare class 10 memory cards extra attatchments
Cig plug charger and few other little bits and pieces
Yep lenses scratch pretty easy I dropped mine first trip and put a small chip in top left of screen now it's in all my vids
I always have mine on standby and just have 3 fast when barra fishing then stop start it as it makes it alot easier when editing looking at heaps of 2 min videoes rather than one long one to find the part your looking for
I bought one of the big king chrome water proof cases from bunnings for about $70 from memory and have all my gear in that
I ordered mine from
Hdcameras.com.au
An Aussie site which worked out pretty much the same as ordering from the states
Everything I ordered come from the states anyways they must just get there supplier to send it out direct which would save on costs I suppose
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

As above. GOPRO 2.

I got the Motorsport kit with the handlebar mount, head mount, spare battery, LCD screen and a pile of additional stick on mounts as extras.
Next thing I do is get the wifi remote kit and upgrade the camera to the version 2.
I keep all my stuff in a pelican case.
I would'nt use the 32 gig cards as they are a bit unstable, they can loose data. Even though GOPRO say the are compatible. I have a few class 10 16 gig cards, with those you'll flatten your batteries before you fill the card.

Welcome to check mine out mate if you like.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Hint.......put a safety lanyard on the camera case. I made one out of 80 kg braid. I've not had any of the stick on mounts let go but have had the suction cup part company.
Blinky

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

I have the 32gig cards and haven't had Astana with them yet what goes wrong with them ???
I just got the biggest card I could so I can leave them on my card and not clog my old slow computer up so much I seen 64gb class 10 on that. Site a while back !!
Don't buy your class 10 cards locally as I was gonna buy a spare card at camera house palmo and they wanted $179 and they are $69 on the site I posted
Good fun to sit back and watch stuff ya miss
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

The more stuff you have on a single card means the more you have to lose when things turn to poop.
I had a full day’s MotoGP racing on one card once and when it died, I lost the lot when I tried to download it to a laptop.
Now I change cards regularly.
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I get my class 10 16 gig cards from ZAZZ, that's when they are on..........
Last one was $9.95. Never had a scrap of trouble from them.

The one 32 gig (class 10) that I do have has a habit of dropping data, thus it's been relegated to the shitepile, heard of others having the same problem with 32's in GoPro's.
Blinky

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Ah true might have to go 16gb are they good quality cards ?? Mine are scandisk and Kingston x100 class 10 cards
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

I'll have a gander this arv if I remember. At 10 bucks a hit I can't imagine they would be on the same level as Kingston.....but hey, until one shites itself at that price they are the ducks nuts!
Blinky

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Nah I meant the ones you have had trouble with where they good quality ones ??
Yeah can't complain about that price ;)
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

my latest vid i made this arvo toms 110cm 8)
http://youtu.be/KcCi_XJfKq0
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Toshiba Doug, so it's not a cr.p brand by any means.
Blinky

Return to “Accessories & Repairs”