LED light installation

fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

LED light installation

Post by fishfanatic »

Well I installed some LED lights into my boat. Was fairly easy just finicky getting into all the nooks and crannies plus lying on your back working upside down under the gunnels. But the effort was worth it. Just need to install an inline fuse and switch/dimmer and she's all finished. Those overnighters will be heaps easier with some lights 8) .

Pimp her up with a mirror disco ball? :P :wink: :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
TNS1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LED light installation

Post by TNS1 »

Sweet fit out . Are you running dual batteries ??
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: LED light installation

Post by Trier »

Hi TNS1, he's only running one, but I'm not sure what size it is! FF, how many watts are those strips using?
Looks fantastic by the way.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Hi TNS1, he's only running one, but I'm not sure what size it is! FF, how many watts are those strips using?

Yep only one battery BUT it's a heavy duty one that I got from Battery World 2-3 weeks back. Watts used Ash, good question but I would not expect them to use that much that would give me problems.
Also I intend to use a dimmer switch which will cut down wattage a bit, plus I am not going to be using the light all the time (maybe if I hold a party in it :wink: :mrgreen: )
My voltage meter in the "bird" will alert me if the voltage drops below 12V...
Unknown

John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Sy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Sy »

Great setup fishfanatic! 8)

Can ya tell me where ya got em from ,price etc? And the dimmer details too.

Pm will do :wink:
Cheers

Sy
dirtyruiz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dirtyruiz »

That looks the goods FF, let us know how you go with the dimmer that's a top idea, I find mine too bright quite often
smarty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by smarty »

I bought some lights from the Darwin Show...http://korrlighting.com.au/ i have the Camping kit which come with dimmers switchs.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

smarty wrote:I bought some lights from the Darwin Show...http://korrlighting.com.au/ i have the Camping kit which come with dimmers switchs.
Nice set up from Korrs. Install is easy.
The only thing that gets me is NONE of the dimmers and most of the switches are NOT waterproof. That goes across the board, the one's I bought off fleabay are the same (non waterproof) BUT heaps cheaper :bonk: :bonk:
Just have to use the old silicone and place in a dry read drier area such as under gunnel. :mrgreen:
Unknown

John F. Kennedy

Adlai E. Stevenson

Forster, Edward

George Orwell

by Anonymous
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

Very nice Paul..got to be pleased with that result. :applause:
graham.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
smarty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by smarty »

Thanks for the heads up FF didn`t realize they weren`t waterproof i`ll have too remember that,when i bought the kit it did come with a control box and remote control which allows you too dim the lights or just turn them off completely,but upon looking water can get in thru the back of it so had better do what you suggested and silicone it up we used the lights out at Yellow Waters and the remote control works a treat just need too keep it dry.
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: LED light installation - Dimmer fitted

Post by fishfanatic »

Finally finished all the electrical work on the LED light installation (waiting for LED dimmer switches from HK). Have taken three photos depicting different light levels. I have a feeling it will be a very practical mod to the boat 8) :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Unknown

John F. Kennedy

Adlai E. Stevenson

Forster, Edward

George Orwell

by Anonymous
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Trier »

Hi FF,
Need to make sure you've got some Michael Buble or Tony Bennett to go with that mood lighting - should work a treat when you have a lady friend on board..... :naughty:
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John