Mary Bridge lagoon current height

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Mary Bridge lagoon current height

Post by dannett »

That ramp needs a good clean, just about need 4wd with all that mud.

wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Thanks for the pic Flickin4me, mate I fished that billabong last year with mud on the ramp, soon as I put the boat trailer on the ramp I slid about 2 metres before the tyres took grip , I poop myself for a sec, but all was good
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

I've done it quite a few times in the past with the Commodore. Once upon a time we used the Torana. Back in the 90's there was never a big build up of mud on the ramp, it was there but only along the two edges and must have got cleaned off by the rangers once the waters receded.

Mind you, back then you were allowed to camp, the picnic area was maintained and car park wasn't full of bog holes. Then the ranger opened up their private pay to play park and the public area was left to fall into disrepair and the camping ban put in place.
Rug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Rug »

Yeah it's bullsh!t. Not hurting anybody by pitching a camp at that spot.
Smile and the world smiles with you, fart and your all alone.
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

Satellite image from March 9th, the original image is approximately 15m per pixel resolution but that is still too big to upload here so this has been reduced slightly and I have added some labels to some of the landmarks.
LC08_L1TP_105069_20180309_20180309_01_RT_cropV2.jpg
You can see there is lots of water in the McKinlay river billabongs immediately south of the junction. And also a fair bit of water over the banks through the Hardies section into the bottom of Corroborrie and the Rockhole at the top of the image.

Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

:applause: Unreal Flicken
:cheers:
newfisherman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by newfisherman »

Flicken4em

Mate you don’t get respect and appreciation by calling members on this website “wankers” or “bitches”

You also don’t get respect or appreciation for posting a pic of one average size fish you caught just after you called members “wankers”

If you want respect… write respectfully

If you want admiration for the fish you catch…….…catch cricket scores of fish or catch trophy fish… not one fish and then call us a bunch of “wankers” for not passing comment!!!

kids also read these post and don't need to read the stuff you are carrying on with!!!!!
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Thanks for the Pic Flickem4em. That's bugger all mud compared to the last time I hit it, The mud was 6 inches thick all the way to the top of the concrete!!! It was a bit scary when I placed all trailer and all hilux wheels on the mud. it took a while to sink down and hit the concrete ramp. poop myself for a second.

Whats the water height over that sand bar near Hardies creek downstream buddy??? Its fine to get down over it, its coming back that's the problem!!!!!
pms
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pms »

Flickin- I'm sitting at my desk wishing I was fishing and enjoying your stories! Not trying to be an anonymous info stealer or with-hold my own info from others. Great work!
b-radical
Seadog
Seadog

Post by b-radical »

Finally made it to the Lagoon for a few hours
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:cheers: