Daly and Shady roads closed

Real time reports from FFFers on the things that matter most
Scotty69
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Daly and Shady roads closed

Post by Scotty69 »

@ scottmac - Monday is looking pretty bl..dy good !!

dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

scottmac wrote:FFS Dannett, buy a fourby! You'd be insane to attempt the ocean run with the winds we've got at the moment. Not good for fishing the mouth either. I keep hoping they will ease, but every day blowing 20. :banghead:
Scottmac I'm not going until the 9th, I wouldn't tackle it at the moment. If the monsoons don't back off I will be doing a trailer swap at the ramp with one of the other boats in our group. Only owning the one car, getting a fourby while busted @ss broke is a logistical nightmare that I need to solve.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

dannett wrote:
scottmac wrote:FFS Dannett, buy a fourby! You'd be insane to attempt the ocean run with the winds we've got at the moment. Not good for fishing the mouth either. I keep hoping they will ease, but every day blowing 20. :banghead:
Scottmac I'm not going until the 9th, I wouldn't tackle it at the moment. If the monsoons don't back off I will be doing a trailer swap at the ramp with one of the other boats in our group. Only owning the one car, getting a fourby while busted @ss broke is a logistical nightmare that I need to solve.
Yeah mate, I'm hearing ya. Good on ya for having a go anyway. Better hope it's not too wet by then or you might be leaving the commode at the end of the black stuff!
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Scotty69 wrote:@ scottmac - Monday is looking pretty bl..dy good !!
Let's hope so mate!
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

scottmac wrote:Yeah mate, I'm hearing ya. Good on ya for having a go anyway. Better hope it's not too wet by then or you might be leaving the commode at the end of the black stuff!
I've pushed my luck pretty hard with the ute and got down to a crawl on the muddy unsealed roads a few times. If we get a monsoon I am sh!t out of luck either way and if I can launch it will be a wet 5 days.
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Won't be open for the weekend, seen this on Facebook :

SHADY CAMP ACCESS ROAD - CLOSED
Despite the department’s best efforts to repair the road to Shady Camp for access this weekend, wet, boggy conditions prevail and have prevented satisfactory works to be completed.

A contractor has been onsite attempting repairs, however illegal road usage has hampered attempts with a number of vehicles being stranded, causing further damage to the road.

Motorists are reminded that accessing official ‘Closed’ roads is illegal and persons found to be in contravention of this order are open to infringements being issued and may be liable for costs to repair subsequent damage. They are also reminded that accessing a closed road voids all insurance liability.

All efforts are being made to have the road open as soon as possible.

For up to date road status information please go to www.roadreport.nt.gov.au or call 1800 246 199
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Well that sucks a hairy ball sack
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

mickkk wrote:Won't be open for the weekend, seen this on Facebook :

SHADY CAMP ACCESS ROAD - CLOSED
Despite the department’s best efforts to repair the road to Shady Camp for access this weekend, wet, boggy conditions prevail and have prevented satisfactory works to be completed.

A contractor has been onsite attempting repairs, however illegal road usage has hampered attempts with a number of vehicles being stranded, causing further damage to the road.

Motorists are reminded that accessing official ‘Closed’ roads is illegal and persons found to be in contravention of this order are open to infringements being issued and may be liable for costs to repair subsequent damage. They are also reminded that accessing a closed road voids all insurance liability.

All efforts are being made to have the road open as soon as possible.

For up to date road status information please go to http://www.roadreport.nt.gov.au or call 1800 246 199
That's no good. :evil:
Hope they're putting in a bit of OT this weekend! Still hoping for a Monday fish.
coastaljoy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by coastaljoy »

I will be there from the 9th for 8 days staying at point stuart lodge, I hope its all fixed and not buggered up again and a road closure.
Would a run to the south alligator and fish nourlange creek be another good fishing option?
he fishes he fishes he fishes its the only thing in life all he ever gets is hell from his fed up wife
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

coastaljoy wrote:I will be there from the 9th for 8 days staying at point stuart lodge, I hope its all fixed and not buggered up again and a road closure.
Would a run to the south alligator and fish nourlange creek be another good fishing option?
Yep! Although you might be a bit early this year mate, the wet season might kick on into April.
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Just heard the BOM dude on Tales from the Tinny say the winds have eased in the last couple of days.
What friggen planet is he living on? Haven't they got a window with a couple of palms outside at the BOM?
coastaljoy
Seadog
Seadog

Post by coastaljoy »

scottmac, we are in a 6.1 mt this year and have a few good spots up my sleeve that should fire a bit earlier as long as the coastal wind backs off. I could always go on another trip in april to the daly and write it off as a work trip
he fishes he fishes he fishes its the only thing in life all he ever gets is hell from his fed up wife
ghound
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ghound »

Rumour is cars drove past the roads closed signs today and got bogged in front of the contractors trying to fix the roads. bl..dy muppets
dannett
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dannett »

ghound wrote:Rumour is cars drove past the roads closed signs today and got bogged in front of the contractors trying to fix the roads. bl..dy muppets
Name and shame. Any pics?
mickkk
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by mickkk »

Matty wright posted a video from today, 3 or 4 cars / trailers in the car park. Unless they have been there a week, they obviously thought their trip was more important than everyone else's.... track may have been open if it wasn't for these selfish people. Hope they get duck egg