Where to shoot

Chasing pigs, buffalo, duck and geese. And deer, foxes, feral cats, rabbits ...
jpadda001

Where to shoot

Post by jpadda001 »

hello everyone
i am new in this forum and new with hunting too. i have gun license, a short gun, crown land permit, waterfowl permit and pig hunting permit. i want to shoot some targets to familler with my new shotgun. I went to howard springs hunting reserve but cant get in because water on dirt road as i have only a car.
so kindly suggest me some plain areas where i can do some shooting and are easy access by car. then some goose hunting accessible by car
thanks

NT Wombat
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Where to shoot

Post by NT Wombat »

The best place to shoot targets would be at one of the ranges. And if you are into shot gun shooting and goose hunting the best bet would be the Field and Game Range at Mickets creek.

The address is 240 Brandt Rd, Micket Creek NT 0830
Phone: 0416 726 495

I believe you have to be a field and game member to use the range, but joining field and game would be your best bet anyway. They have a lot of experienced and knowledgeable members and I'm sure one of them would point you in the right direction for a goose shoot.
camfisho97
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by camfisho97 »

Few spots out howard springs with random targets to shoot at. Geese areas are only a short distance away from it aswell. Havent had luck for geese there last 2 weeks or any pigs either.

Black is the rough track, blue is some random targets, red is a couple of spots for geese. Not too wet there, a week ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5.2m Formosa, 115hp Yami. Towed by a trusty Landcruiser 79series!
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

I second what NT Wombat Jamie says about joining field and game. They do hold shoots a couple of times a year for the general public to shoot clays and get your eye in for goose season as well
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present