Bynoe Harbour jewies

Jewies, big reds, macks & more - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Bynoe Harbour jewies

Post by Gibbsy »

Headed out at sparrows today to take a mate out for a fish for his birthday. With abit of a stiff breeze we stayed inside the harbour for abit. First spot sounded around and found these fellas along with a lot of bait. Managed to hook two jewies on vibes for first time only to be bricked by both on the sustain. Had a double hook up not long after with my mate and I dancing around on boat trying to avoid a tangle only to loose both fish to the reef. My mate decided to swap the bait out and try a gulp nemesis in white. on first drop the load loaded up hard and after a short 10min fight he has his pb jewie boatside. My other friend also had a couple of solid hookups on jewies only to be bricked as well. My step daughter not as lucky with only a shark to the boat. Wind backed off abit and ventured to the mouth with hope of finding some pelagics. Out behind the islands was dead as with no birds working at all. So made the call to come back in and chase some more reefies. Was pretty slow going for most of the day apart from jewie bite. My stepdaughter landed her on fish being a nice size mother in law fish. By mid arvo the wind had backed right off and we made the call to try and get another jewie with not having great luck in morning with jewies 5-us 1. My second mate hooked up after a fairly long wait but was all over in minutes after being connected to an unstoppable. Called it a day, even though only ended up with one jewie to take home and small COD was a great day in water seeing family and friends get their pb’s.

Gibbsy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fish4me123
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Bynoe Harbour jewies

Post by fish4me123 »

good stuff
tight lines
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Good post Gibbsy, the jewies are on steroids this year ,,, pulling hard .

Might have to upsize on your leader ,, On heavy reef I go 100lb /120lb :mrgreen:
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Yep your not wrong about that Jeff and they have been steady in numbers too. Yeah I know heavier leader will help also a heavier setup but it’s just too much fun running 30lb braid on a small sustain and hearing the drag get a workout :)
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Absolute quality mate
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great screenshot!
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Awesome, tough call leaving fish to find fish!
Quinntreximon
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Quinntreximon »

Brilliant pc of the scan and their swim bladders awesome. What brand sounder you have???
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Cheers for responses guys, the pic of jewies was on a lowrance hds9 gen 2, I didn’t manage to get whole school I was rushing I should of put it on full screen to capture the whole school
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Cheers for responses guys, the pic of jewies was on a lowrance hds9 gen 2, I didn’t manage to get whole school I was rushing I should of put it on full screen to capture the whole school