Seadog

Looking for a job?Lodge of dundee looking for tractor driver

Post by stuart »

craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Looking for a job?Lodge of dundee looking for tractor dr

Post by craig.g »

You'd have to think there must be somebody local who could fill the position, not real hard is it
craig.g
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by craig.g »

Thats if wage is more than dole??? And dont ask about alcohol or drug checks LOL
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

I might keep it in mind in about 10 years or so. Im not cranky enough yet :twisted:
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

It won't be long down there before a vehicle or person gets run into. I went in Sat , came out today and it's going to go very pair shaped in the dark with flashing lights 2 out of three of the launch vehicles towing in reverse. There is more to that job than most of you fellas think if the boat is big the tractor driver makes a huge difference. If they hold your trailer too high the trailer can't do its job and centre the boat on as the arse is still floating. The difference in having somebody who knows what the stuff is about is a huge difference. Do they need a good driver at the moment ,absolutely they one for each tractor from what I can see. Jeffro is is still around I had a good chat too him after we retrieved.
Last edited by AM on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Jethro still has a job but barely. Plus the Lodge doesn't employ locals, you need to be a back packer, working for accommodation and food. The new service is putting the old one under and it's very ordinary.
jersy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jersy »

Sad days for Dundee ramp. "Grumple-stiltskin" will be missed if they push him out. Nuthin better than getting back to the ramp and getting yelled at for not being able to drive a boat onto a fully submerged or high and dry trailer! :bonk: :banghead: :lol: Sux if they only employ back packers though.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

I'll pay extra if they hire Swedish backpack chick with bolt on wearing small denim shorts and bikini top.

On a serious note , they need some good drivers at Dundee to reduce waiting time to launch and retrieve . I'll be happy if they ran the service from 6 am instead of 7am and didn't drown your poor trailer .
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

The old service was only licenced to operate in day light hours, because of insurance. Perhaps the new service may be different.
Scottie5.3
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Scottie5.3 »

They used to launch at 6 then it changed to 7, was that the reason why dh? Insurance?
Launched us at 6 a couple years ago for blue water classic as well

I wouldn't trust a backpacker backing my boat down, need a local with experience with boats
Scott's mobile mechanics- 0421 965 093

Life is hard, but it's harder if your stupid - John Wayne
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

The previous owner Tony I know quite well, told me the tractors had an SV registration for dayligh hours, the current owner Bob said his insurance only covers them for daylight operation. So perhaps both. 6 am in the morning is probably Ok but not 9pm at night......Not sure what Work Safe might say about that either????

All Sweedish blond backpackers aside; where it might go pear shaped as AM suggests is when there is an accident. Dont think you'll get any free beer then :drinking5:
back-cast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by back-cast »

I've observed that if you give the tractor drivers Toasted Sandwiches it can boost your position on the waiting list,
I'm not sure if it works with all of them, but it does happen regularly...
i might have to get myself one of these sandwich makers... so i can compete on a level playing field...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AM
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by AM »

In my experience it's just that, a list, get there first, you get put in first. It used to get a bit precious in the afternoon if the retrieves were chaotic. Hey if you wait you wait like doing the banana if old mate gets out ahead of me. Err what do I do drive my 8.5 onto his 4.5 trailer. They did OK. The new guys will win seen it happen at Inskip point in front of my eyes many years ago. I will still give Jeffos mob a go if I am able but at the end of the dayI just hope the new guys work out there is a bit more to it, and they will its week 1 or 2.
Dundee Hombre
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dundee Hombre »

Apparently those highly prized sandwich makers were on special recently at the local retro store and many were purchased because of their portable ability to be like the 12 volt pie warmers that some fishos have.

Some tractor drivers are not fussy........toasted bananna sangers.....
deepblack
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by deepblack »

jersy wrote:Sad days for Dundee ramp. "Grumple-stiltskin" will be missed if they push him out. Nuthin better than getting back to the ramp and getting yelled at for not being able to drive a boat onto a fully submerged or high and dry trailer! :bonk: :banghead: :lol: Sux if they only employ back packers though.
Gold... So it's not just me then! :lol:
North Shore Reel Service 0400494401.