Stokes Hill Queenies and bust-offs

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Stokes Hill Queenies and bust-offs

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Went to Stokes Hill wharf for a fish yesterday with a couple of mates. Started off speed jigging a 40g chromie before I got hammered and taken into the pylons by something in about 5 seconds, resulting in some choice words that I probably shouldn't be saying. Couldn't stop it, thinking Big Mac or GT. Persisted for the next hour before a school of queenfish around the 50-70cm mark started busting up near the pylons on the waterfront side. For about half an hour my mates and I dropped chromie and jigged them up as fast as we could, one of my mates hooking up to a decent model but losing it trying to get it up. Some other guys cleaned up, getting 3 decent Queenies in about 15 min on livies. We, unfortunately, forgot to bring bait jigs :banghead: .
After the Queenies stopped, we all tried for a bit longer but got donuts. We ended up just messing around for the next hour, with the occasional Queenies and kingdom having a go at our lures and baits. Eventually, one of my friends got bored and called his dad to pick us up. But guess what? The fish start up again just after the call. So we rush over and start chucking lures, before finally the queenies busted right below us. Quickly, I dropped my halco trembler vibe and BANG! I was on! I had dropped my vibe right on the fish's head, and he swiped at it. Line peeled off the 3000 Nasci for a few seconds, before the fish started going a bit deeper and into the pylons, causing some nervous moments as I had to palm the spool to stop it. Eventually, we hauled it up and I had myself a nice little Queenie which measured 52cm. My mates got donuts :D .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Stokes Hill Queenies and bust-offs

Post by Matt Flynn »

Great story, well done :mrgreen:

2018, Year of the Queenie!
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by souva31 »

good write up, well done.
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

Enjoyed the read Young Gun, always a challenge keeping the speedsters out of the pylons , good angling :applause: :mrgreen:
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Thanks guys, good to be getting some land-based fish again
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Those queenies are always fun in the pylons, good story
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Wuhc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wuhc »

nice, you're doing well if you're getting them on 40g chromies and vibes, normally have to down size to like 10g to match the hatch.

next time hit dorah on a neap and float a livey on the top, good chance for some metre plus Queenie fun.