PB Queenie

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PB Queenie

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

Finally got a nice Queenie at Stokes Hill wharf right on the high tide. Rocked up and fished for twenty minutes for nothing, and my mate says "there's nothing here". I ignored him, instead moving over to another part of the bridge as I saw bait jumping. Dropped a chromie down and cranked it up, and right as it reached the surface a big Queenie came and just missed it. I quickly opened the bail and it hit the lure on the drop. I was on! The fish took off on a short but solid run, before I played it a bit and it started to tire and head for the pylons. I palmed the spool and gave it everything to stop it, praying to the fishing gods that I wouldn't be busted off. I wasn't luckily, and i managed to get it to the surface. Now I had to land it. Luckily, another fisherman had a wharf dilly, and after a few nervous tries we netted him. Thanks heaps if you ever end up reading this!
He went 85cm, and he was quite heavy. My mate then proceeded to catch a couple of small trevs and queenies before he was busted off by a huge Queenie in the pylons. I rubbed it in his face for the rest of the trip :D :mrgreen: :fu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: PB Queenie

Post by jeffish »

Just brilliant Young-gun . You might need to invest in a cliff gaff or dilly just in case no one around with one, hard to get the bigger fish up from that height.

Good Job :applause: :mrgreen:
NinjaFish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by NinjaFish »

:clap: 8) keep rubbing in in dude. Great effort for the wharf.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks guys, yeah will definitely have to invest in a wharf gaff or dilly. Flickin4em, I caught this fish over near the car park on the waterfront side of the bridge (near the loading dock area), however I have been busted off by something off the platform, and my mate lost a big barracuda a while ago off it. Mostly small goldies and other small reefies which I see get caught around the wrecks, usually on squid or prawns. Not that productive for me. Other fishermen get most of their success on bigger stuff on live sardines though, and usually on the waterfront side of the bridge.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another happy snap :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by souva31 »

nice effort there, very well done.
Acsle
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Acsle »

Solid Queenie!! :mrgreen:
RedDevil
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RedDevil »

Top effort mate 8)
Heaps of queenies around atm. Got 4 out at channel island a week or so ago. smashed all my mullets! :banghead:
al57
Seadog
Seadog

Post by al57 »

great effort there ,always nice to improve the pb measurements
solo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by solo »

Well done mate