Sneaky After Work Beach Session

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sneaky After Work Beach Session

Post by souva31 »

The wind backed off last night in the afternoon, so decided it was a great night to head down the beach for a quick after work fish. cleared it with the better half (after I promised her I'd get her a nice sunset photo) and packed my gear into the back of the car and headed down there. Perfect conditions, nice and flat and clear water. Picked up a few livies and let one soak while I had a few flicks with my spinning rod. Was pretty quiet, so put the spinning rod away and thought I'd get a few nice sunset photo's for the missus as promised, so I didn't come home completely empty handed and just as I was getting the camera out of the bag, thought I saw a small movement on my road. Waited ... nothing ... okay must be the tide ... back to the camera. hang on, that was a little movement - camera away, check the rod and no tension, hmmm ... but wait looks like the line is a little slack ... no wait very slack and moving left to right! grab the rod start winding, as soon as the slack was taken up, bang I'm on. The rod's bent over and sure enough nice size skinnny jumped out in front of me ... he put up a good fight too ... jumped 4 or 5 times and just when I thought I had him, ran again and took a heap of line, thought I was going to be spooled so tightened the drag a little and he slowed down - all up about 10 mins or so to land him - top fun - measured to around 95cm to fork in the tail. Later on, also had a small school of queenies come in close right around dark and had a few hits on the spinning rod and landed one other small one. Makes you really appreciate being in the top end, where you can have a short drive to the beach after work, put in a sneaky 1 hr fishing session and are a chance to catch a fun fish like this.
Skinny 2.jpg

... I did remember to get that sunset photo as well to stay in the good books, though I like the photo with the fish in it better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by souva31 on Thu May 17, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sneaky After Work Beach Session

Post by souva31 »

cheers. happy wife, happy life as I've heard quoted around the place ...
Wuhc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Wuhc »

good fish mate with a nice sunset in the back ground!
john d
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by john d »

Top fish Souva.
Good to see your still gettimg a few
shaggs
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by shaggs »

Killed 2 birds with one stone on the first pic mate. Well done
The past is history,the future is mystery,the moment is a gift and that's why it's called the present
jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jeffish »

OnYa Steve :applause: :applause: :applause: that's a great fish mate ,you have earned him with the amount of time you put in .

Top report :catch:
theodosius
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by theodosius »

Cracking skinny!
tangels
Seadog
Seadog

Post by tangels »

Nice one Steve stonker skinny..yeeew
Lats
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Lats »

Ripper skinny mate
souva31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by souva31 »

thanks guys. the last couple of big skinny's I've hooked have both taken the livie and come in towards he beach - so have been a bit lucky I've noticed the line go slack as not much movement on the rod tip ... maybe with all the fish they eat they are getting smarter?
ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Wow, that's a stonker land based skinny!

Good work!
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!