Easter long weekend suggestions

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Easter long weekend suggestions

Post by Elks2403 »

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to the Territory and have recently bought a 4wd. I was hoping for some suggestions on where I can take it for some easy 4wding and some landbased fishing around Darwin this weekend.

I'm not after secret spots but if I could be pointed in the right direction that would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Acsle
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Easter long weekend suggestions

Post by Acsle »

Go out to scotts creek or anywhere along gunn point (just make sure ya have a gps or a local who can show ya around)
wazdog
Seadog
Seadog

Post by wazdog »

Try the freshwater Finniss mate, turn left down hard castle road just before sand palms,drive to the t junction and turn right, go through the dip, should be about 600 /700 mm and at the end of that road u will see a creek to the right of the boat ramp, beware of big croc.
Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Elks2403 »

Cheers guys. I think I've convinced a mate to come along so that'll allow me to be a bit more daring
Elks2403
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Elks2403 »

So I ended up opting for the easuer option of Shady camp and having a flick in the culverts on Arnhem Hwy. Ended up with half a dozen rat barra and half a dozen tarpon for the trip.

I had a look at Scott's Creek on the way and it seems the road is closed. Unless I was in the wrong spot
Gibbsy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Gibbsy »

Scott's is a dirt track on left on way out towards corrorboree park tavern. Good stuff with Barra and tarpon mate