Fishing at sunrise.

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
ChrisFishes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fishing at sunrise.

Post by ChrisFishes »

Hi i pretty new to fishing but was at deckchair cinema a few days ago and caught a nice Golden Trevally. I was thinking of heading back down there on thursday morning for high tide as its right around sunrise, is fishing at sunrise on high tide worth it? Is it worth me getting up that early to go down there.
Thanks for any info sorry if this has already been asked before.

Chris

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Fishing at sunrise.

Post by jeffish »

Yep worth a go , I haven't fished it for a while but had good results with live mullet & gars on the big highs .
Handy to have a spin rod set up as well and while your baits are soaking chuck some big poppers around .

Good luck . :catch:
tristan.sloan
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by tristan.sloan »

agree with jeff.....plenty of big golden trevally lurk around there as well as queenfish on the top of the tide. have either a popper or slug rigged up and ready to go in case you see some fish working
ChrisFishes
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ChrisFishes »

Thanks a lot for the info I'll let you know how I get on!
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Fishing sunrise or sunset that coincide with the tides be it highs or lows are generally well worth it. Often being the best times of the whole month to give it a go.... keep a decent diary of your efforts to suss a particular area out if you intend to keep going back to it.

Sunset is generally a bit easier than prying yourself out of bed in the wee hrs though... I've missed a few hot bites over the years due to me or my deckies sleeping in.
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.