stokes hill

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
wrangler
Silver Member
Silver Member

stokes hill

Post by wrangler »

Going to stokes hill wharf on friday night, but ive never fished there anyone got any tips on how to fish it, would be much appreciated\.

failing over and over again is just the first step to being successful
Trier
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: stokes hill

Post by Trier »

Hi Wrangler, I can't help you directly but there is quite a bit of info in some old threads; just type Stokes Hill into the search function.
Cheers,

Ash
-----------------

If it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer and hit it harder!

'You can't have mudcrabs without mud'. My son John
nagz
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nagz »

do your drag up

the wind will push your bait/livie all sorts of places

when you hook up, go hard to get them out
When asked by a non-fisherman "how many fishing rods do you actually need?", the correct response is either:
A) n+1 (where n is the number if rods you currently have); or

B) n-1 (where n is the number of rods which would cause your other half to dump you)
Big Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Dave »

G'day

Was there on Friday night and the weekend before to get bait decided to fish at the same time. There are loads of Sardines around so just get a jig, and jig around the water pumps as thats were they seem to hanging about. I Fished the little carpark next to the platfrom at the start of the wharf entry or along with white wooden fence line on the left while going into the wharf. Sardines should be plethora a few hours before top of the tide. I used all methods including running sinker, float, free bait but nagz is right the water takes the bait everywhere and sure enough youll get snagged if your not watching. Try and keep your bait alive as i found that the fish werent taking the dead ones.

Ended up with a few undersize barra, a 70cm odd queenie, 2 Powertail, 2 eels and some kind of shark. Lost a few big takes my guess is my hook was two small. i was using 2.0 - 3.0 hooks.

seen plenty of queenies about they seemed to be busting up around the platform where there were seas of sardines.

hope this helps mate

cheers
Big Dave
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Dave »

I meant two Powertail not power tail i dont know what the hell that came from !
ken_dog
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ken_dog »

Auto correct?? they are still stinking c@t fish to me
Shitzngigglz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Shitzngigglz »

I was there last night havin a feed and saw a S%#te load of trevally gettin around ........ like the others have said keep your drag tight and don't forgett your drop gaff just in case....... good luck I may even see you there !!!!!!!!!!
olfart
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by olfart »

cooked prawns from woolies..hang onnnnn.
" YOUTH is a GIFT "
"AGE is an ART "
"Doesn't mean you get any smarter..just wrinkled and cracked".

"No angler watches nature in a passive way...He enters into its very existence." (John Bailey...Reflections on a Waters Edge)

"Govern a Family as you would catch a small fish....Very Gently." (Chinese Proverb)

"Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish." (Rafael Sabatini...1857-1950)

I pray that one day God sends me a fish so big that, when talking of it...I have no reason to lie.
darwinguy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by darwinguy »

Any squid around yet ?