Blaydin Point?

Your home if you fish from anything that isn't floating.
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Blaydin Point?

Post by Davey D »

[album][/album]Went for an explore the other day in the new ute to find a new spot, fair close to home.
went up the track to blaydin point, looks like a pretty good spot. seen some rocks around so it has potential.

Just wanna know if anyone has been there and any tips if they have?

Thanks lads

The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
erudebill
Seadog
Seadog

Re: Blaydin Point?

Post by erudebill »

If it looks like a good spot it probably is.

Fish it and then post the pictures.

Cood luck.
Fishing is a passion only fishermen understand.

erudebill

Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Well,
Got out there about 2pm after mowing lawns and all that fun yard work.
put in 3 rods sporting baits of different kinds, squid, pilchards and a hunk of liver in hope for a shark........ Nothing budged for an hour.....two.....three. by now its about 5pm and tide is pretty well up, thinking it would have to kick off by now..... another hour.... nope.
bait still on hooks nothing touched at all.

Decided to throw a few lures around the mangroves toward some snags i saw earlier at low tide.... thought nothing is happening afer about 5-6 minutes, changed to the roosta popper... first cast WHACK bzzzzz, comes in about two metres from the water edge, about a 70cm barra..... i started yelling at my mate telling him i won, then i look back where i saw the fish...... gone. rod.... straight as anything.

F@#k the only action all day and i lost it because i was too cocky to my mate.
still pumped from the run from the barra i go to cast the same spot again, but adrenaline still in me i over shoot the lure right into the mangrove top. not getting that back.

Then to top off the day, had one of the rods snagged and just lay it on the ground to pull the other up, put them in the ute and drove away, a couple of hours later realise i did not pick up the rod on the ground. by this time its 10pm so i thought i would just go get it the next day. No wrong again $400 rod and reel is now someone elses property, i hope it brings them bad luck for taking it.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
erudebill
Seadog
Seadog

Post by erudebill »

Holy poop mate atleast you are persistant.
The barra would have made the day worth while, better luck next time.

It must be an NT thing as I have lost 2 rod and reel combos over the last few months.
Fishing is a passion only fishermen understand.

erudebill

Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Yep, i moved to navy base rock wall at dark that night, didnt want to give up. nothing there either, my mate caught a small cod that went back for a swim, my girlfriend lost about 10 hooks and sinkers, then i decided to move to stokes hill wharf, again, small bites but nothing...... went home around 10 with a stop at the bottle shop.
not the best weekend.
will probably replace the rod i lost with two new ones today some time.
and sunday my missus is working all day so i will be most likely lurking around east point and rapid creek if anyone is gonna be around that area sunday let me know

ARTE ET MARTE