Crab pot capers

Tell us about boat ramp vandals, crab pot share farmers, and others who snatched your tackle.
Polycrafty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Crab pot capers

Post by Polycrafty »

Good work scumbags!
c9h14n
Seadog
Seadog

Post by c9h14n »

A classic example of the absolute cr.p that the courts in the NT will accept as excuses. Basically you can do what ever you like up here and just give the courts the most basic of made up excuses and you are good to go again, at least for the next 50 or so offences. Just absolute dribble.......
Once Bitten
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Once Bitten »

c9h14n wrote:A classic example of the absolute cr.p that the courts in the NT will accept as excuses. Basically you can do what ever you like up here and just give the courts the most basic of made up excuses and you are good to go again, at least for the next 50 or so offences. Just absolute dribble.......
Not sure what you are on about. Basically in Court you can tell the Magistrate whatever you like - even as rediculous as "the mimi spirits made me do it" or "I bought them off a bloke i don't know the name of at the pub". IMO They don't really give a toss and that is just the way it is. On this occasion they delivered a reasonable fine and most likely a conviction. Let see them get a job where they do criminal history checks and need to be squeaky clean... Dishonesty offence... Bom-Bom. Their names in the paper are pretty embarrassing... Losers. :fubird:
... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{ ... <NAUGHTY{

My missus wants to buy me a GoPro...she said I need it... It's like a black box recorder for fishos...
nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nomad »

And next time the pro crabbers flog someone for lifting pots, there will be an outcry.
IF YOU DON’T OWN THINGS THEN LEAVE THEN ALONE - SIMPLE
Swoffa
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Swoffa »

Strange....I didn't think pro-crabbers were allowed to work Shoal Bay???

What were their pots doing there in the first place.
What angler can cross over a bridge without peering over its side
Fish Tank
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Fish Tank »

Pros can crab in Shoal bay just not inside Buffalo, Micket or King creeks and Howard River. Along the flats out the front is legal, I think Hope Inlet too.
cuddlescooper
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cuddlescooper »

On this note though it would be good if the water cops could do a lap of the harbour and recover all of the lost or abandoned pots that are around the place. I could give locations of at least 20 pots that are permanently in the water and I would assume lost and abandoned. I also have a thought that a few of them are pro pots and shouldn't be were they are!
itsinmeblood
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by itsinmeblood »

good idea cuddles, the bl..dy things are everywhere in shoal bay as well, no names or numbers on them, they eventually get tangled on snags pulling the floats under until they become a prop hazard
fish are skinny, the ocean is fat
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

Maybe these blokes got caught trying to do the right thing :D or maybe too stupid to hide the evidence after they raided someones pots.

F I hate crab thieves!