AFANT meeting

Talk about bungled boat ramps, net buybacks, marine no-go zones, mining disasters etc here.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

AFANT meeting

Post by Matt Flynn »

The AFANT annual meeting is on Sunday March 13 at Tracy Village Social and Sports Club, Tambling Tce, Lyons, starting 10am.

Goodbye Aviation Institute :cry:

AFANT said Fisheries Minister Kon Vatskalis has confirmed he will be attending.

Sean Kildare from Inpex will also attend and will update members on the latest information about the Inpex development plans.

Sounds like the meeting could be explosive :P

Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: AFANT meeting

Post by Agent86 »

yeah no worries, would be great to see a heap of people turn up, never know though, roads might be open by then!!!
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!
Davey D
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Davey D »

Might have to come along to that let the inpex.bloke know how i feel if it goes ahead and i lose a favourite fishing/camping spot not to mention how many fish they will kill with rheir explosives
The ones who fight for their beliefs are those who achieve their dreams.

Can we just take the warning stickers off everything and let natural selection take its place, I mean if its spinning fast dont put your fingers in it..... Its not hard

ARTE ET MARTE
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Come on ladies and gentlemen we need to ensure a good turn out to this meeting - otherwise NO ONE in government is going to take AFANT - your organisation - SERIOUSLY. I am in Victoria on course otherwise I would be there but lets forget he p..s poor excuses and get our arses along to this thing and ask questions and be informed if nothing else.
Too easy to make excuses and not turn up - forego fishing for one day and get along to this thing otherwise when you are paying boat rego and not able to access fishing grounds that have been closed you wont have done evrything in your power to prevent it.
Also dont forget the government has done some positive things like the closure - albeit insufficient in my opinion, palmertson ramp etc but without political pressure they wont take rec fishers seriously and before you know it will be too late.
Hopefully there will be a good turn out

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!