Ripper Powetail on South Ally

Words hardly describe the feelings when sighting colour from a trophy powertail
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Ripper Powetail on South Ally

Post by fishfanatic »

Well after much hassling a "lucky" :wink: mate of mine who had recently caught an absolute ripper of a PT (amongst other PT's) on our Mouth of the South Alligator trip still has not "confessed" and bared all on the forum so I am forced to uncover him :moon: . I was going to send an email and photos to Wikileaks and embarass him proper :mrgreen: :rofl: :rofl: BUT for the sake of friendship I will only keep it in the FFF family. :bonk: The PT came in at 110 cms and weighed approximately 13-15 kilos and put up a hell of a fight. The biggest PT I have seen so far... :mrgreen:
After that one the "Powertail King" came up with one big PT after another, most around the 80 cm mark while I busied myself with little PT's :rofl: copping a spike in the finger from little feisty s**t that made my hand swell for three days :naughty: :bbad: . The south ally on the neaps seems to be same as any major river on those tides, Powertail and sharks, Powertail and sharks. :mrgreen:

The face has been blacked out to protect the guilty :lol: :lol: :rofl:

It was not all bad however as the "Powertail King" also pulled up two 1 metre jewies and a good goldie. I as the skipper had to settle for one lousy goldie and most of the bourbon and rum :drinking2: :drinking5: . It's a hard life but someone's gotta do it.
Unfortunately the weather started turning nasty in the evening and as we were between Field Island and Barron Island we saw the lighting coming had a to do a runner behind "Mud Island"? i.e. the little elongated island on the western side of the south ally mouth.
After that only Powertail came aboard and we finally gave us as the rain came down. The mozzies came out next and smashed us for the rest of the night as the wind eased off.

The way back to the boat ramp was done in heavy rain, further up we had to start watching for the sandbars. Barra fishing was virtually shut down with the heavy rain and most drains were running dirty water.

All in all not as a good a trip as we had hoped but still memorable especially for my mate the "Powertail King". We will come back another time when the weather is a little more stable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Ripper Powetail on South Ally

Post by Matt Flynn »

Damn those jewies and snapper interrupting a hot trophy PT bite, it happens so often :-(
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Top report and always nice to see anglers prepared to share their secret powertail spot.
Isnt it always the way that as soon as you get into a hot bite...along comes a school of Jewies to spoil the party.....but you persisted and eventually located the powertails again.
Well in!!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Just as well im not shy, but after posting your boat parking skills on rock bars im not surprised hahahahah Im not going to complain though I had an absolute ball catching all those monster Powertail.... ill add some more pics just to confirm...

if we didnt have to flee all the storms we would have ended up with some decent fish.... oh well it was a wet adventure thats for sure.... Made me think of survivor and living in the rain.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Oh man I love jewfish.....seeing those pics makes me want to plan a jewie trip whomper
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
whomper37
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by whomper37 »

Tell me about it Mud finding it bl..dy hard with my boat out of action... which reminds me very big thanks to Fishfanatic for putting up with my Powertail wrangling skills for a night..... Im sure its the only reason he takes me, to keep the Powertail away from him hahahahah What he didnt tell anyone was his shark catching ability is second to none!!!
PS Paul dont tell anyone about the 3 meter lemon shark hahahahahah
Frodo, Dont wear the ring...........
The magical Bling, Bling..
I dont rap about bitches and ho's
I rap about witches and trolls.....
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by fishfanatic »

Mud wrote:Oh man I love jewfish.....seeing those pics makes me want to plan a jewie trip whomper
Mike,

We can plan something in the near future. I am sure Jamie aka PK will be willing to accompany us and show us his skills. Well have a yak about next Thursday....
In all fairness my shark catching was better than Jamie's until this trip just past.....BUT I wont go intio that because I'm such a nice guy :P
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

Quality fish there :mrgreen: (apart from the last few fotos)