Dutto earns his Stripe. A marlin virgin is broken

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dutto earns his Stripe. A marlin virgin is broken

Post by Faulksy »

I have Just come home from holidays in NZ and as usual have managed to fit a few days fishing in along the way. Its been slow fishing for the most part but I am happy to report that Dutto is a marlin virgin no more. He can now add a stripey to his sail that he caught with Brett last year.

Andy is also on hols in NZ with his better half at the moment and they managed to fit a few days in up North with me and MCWB at the start of their trip. The weather was kind and on Monday we went out wide in search of a Marlin. The day was quiet with only one or two radio reports of Marlin being sighted. We did not raise or sight any fish for the day.

Tuesday was also forecast to be good so we again deployed the plastic and wandered out into the deep blue. Less than an hour passed before the lure on the port rigger got smashed and the drag on the PENN 50 began to howl. No one saw the fish before it hit but it did not take long before it took to the air in an impressive acrobatic display. Around 20 minutes later the the tag was put in to a very feisty fish that did not like being traced at all. A few quick happy snaps and it was released then the celebrations began.

Despite seeing a couple more fish tailing during the day we did not manage to tempt any into a strike and we went home well pleased. Its awesome to see such a keen angler land his first of a species particuarly one that he has had such a long standing ambition to catch.

While Dutto said that he was enjoying NZ immensley he was also was heard to pass comment that "ITS NO TIMOR". Not enough Chicken and Rice!!

:applause: :applause: :bow: :bow: Congrats Dutto :bow: :bow: :applause: :applause:

Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Nice fush :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers: :fishing:
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

nice fish for dutto...thats for sure :catch:

where are the sheep pic's pete :moon:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
double haul

Post by double haul »

I wondered what that noise was ive been hearing for the last couple of days now, it was dutto singing SWEET CHILD OF MINE. Bet he has a delight for a couple of weeks now. :bonk:
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by dodgyone »

Hey Faulksy. Get your poop together and get down to WA mate. Big blues are running hard and Im off on a tag along trip to the Montes over Easter. Theres time to get amongst them still.
Don't wanna be a flat water hero.

Real men go fast when it's rough.
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

dodgyone wrote:Hey Faulksy. Get your poop together and get down to WA mate. Big blues are running hard and Im off on a tag along trip to the Montes over Easter. Theres time to get amongst them still.
Will be there before I know it. ETA 01 Apil. Might have even brought back some skirted lures and a couple of 50W outfits. :wink:

Brett you may well have heard Andy from Darwin. I have never been happier to see a bloke catch a fish.
The rest of the holiday will all be walking on sunshine for him. :drinking1:
dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: .

Post by dodgyone »

Faulksy wrote:
dodgyone wrote:Hey Faulksy. Get your poop together and get down to WA mate. Big blues are running hard and Im off on a tag along trip to the Montes over Easter. Theres time to get amongst them still.
Will be there before I know it. ETA 01 Apil. Might have even brought back some skirted lures and a couple of 50W outfits. :wink:

Brett you may well have heard Andy from Darwin. I have never been happier to see a bloke catch a fish.
you up for a trip straight away then? We are leaving the 2nd.

dodgyone
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: .

Post by dodgyone »

Faulksy wrote:

you up for a trip straight away then? We are leaving the 2nd.

muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Choice Bro!!! :applause:
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

WTF....that things bigger than a barra! I'm in the wrong place!

Top pics Faulksy!!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...