PNG Trip

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
matty
Seadog
Seadog

PNG Trip

Post by matty »

My brother-in-law just got back from PNG to see a mate of ours who is living near Rabaul. Thought I'd share some pics. The saily was caught by a guy in a canoe towing a hook with a bit of plastic bag! Would've given him some curry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

looks like an awsome trip matty. better make sure your on the next one :mrgreen:
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
Night Stalker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Night Stalker »

Looks like some good fishing over there.

Keep up the posts.
I contend that where you fish is the
most important factor in catching fish.
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Well done to your bro, sure its all his talking about at the moment :lol: . What about a black bass? didnt head up the rivers :-? that would be the only reason for me to go to PNG :wink: .
Image Image
matty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by matty »

Yea Smithy, I went a couple of years ago and it was fantastic! MS, my mate lives on New Britain which is off the mainland. There are Bass around the other side but it's a two day boat trip to get there. My Brother-in-law met a bloke over there who fishes all over the world and when he told him he was from Darwin all he could do was rave about Jewies! There is plenty to do over there, the diving is some of the best in the world and Rabaul saw plenty of action in both world wars so there is still planes, tanks, anti aircraft guns etc everywhere. The volcano in the background of the tuna shot is a blowout up close, it fired up big time last year and hasn't slowed down much.