The Timor comp aftermath

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
Jules74
Seadog
Seadog

The Timor comp aftermath

Post by Jules74 »

Well, despite the toilets were pukey, there were issues with keeping ice up to the island, & I didn't catch a damn thing :catch: , that was the BEST WEEKEND EVER!! :applause:

Yes there were communication issues, yes they under estimated the might of the Australian fishermen, yes I am gonna kill Shane if that photo makes it onto the internet :roll: , NO I am not going to eat chicken or rice for a very long time :lipsrsealed: , all in all, it was a great weekend, and it will only get better if they allow us back into their country next year :rofl:

For what they had to work with I can only :applause: :clap: :applause: :clap: :applause: :clap:

Some people believe that the world is flat, carried through time on the backs of 4 elephants that are balanced on a turtle, the Great Atuin
Shane Doevy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Shane Doevy »

Jules
not the story that was told to me.

Just little things like -

Day 1 - fishing cancelled
Day 2 - Today is Independence day so we cant start till 1130
Day 3 - Today is Timor day so we cant start till 0930.

Food that made people sick - cut up chickens and put them on the table

Ran out of ice - nil cold drinks

Crews of 3 and boats that could only take 2 people

5 minutes out from the beach - "OK no fuel - we go back now!!"

Protestors getting flogged up on the beach - by the police so that makes it OK i guess.

Timorese getting nasty once the UN people left.

Fish 150mm long being checked in (whilst NT fishing watched on) and these were the big ones.

First rate accomadation - ie sleep in what you bought with you so if you took nothing you slept on the ground!!

Bags stolen from the boats which meant bribes had to eb paid to the locals to get them back!!

So much for an international event. Not interested in the "first time event, blah blah bulls poop - some of the stories i heard today suggest it got down right nasty towards the end and this was designed to attract international tourists to the place - your joking!!

The story i heard was nightmare in ET and word on the street from my source is that he would not go near the place again.

Obviously experiences differed from one camp to another but it seems to me like it was a poorly run activity.

Just my two bobs worth - interesting to hear the facts from some others who went.

Shane
Work is what i do to pay for fishing!!
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

heya Shane....thanks for sending us lads "that" photo. We wont say anything to Jules. Cheers Mud
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Just got back from the Doctors (read messy) and thought I best do a tribute in pictures for the Timor trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Faulksy on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
double haul

Post by double haul »

You idiot ya forgot the f&*ken RICE! :lol:
Thats going to haunt me for the rest of my days.
The best part of the trip was meeting everyone. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

double haul wrote:You idiot ya forgot the f&*ken RICE! :lol:
Thats going to haunt me for the rest of my days.
The best part of the trip was meeting everyone. :mrgreen:
Fixed mate the RICE has been added I could not find a picture of the other little lovelies that were hiding in the midst of it all. :drinking1:
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

iv been looking foward to the report of how it went, but bye the look on doublehauls face im not game to ask :-( :rofl: .
Ok just one question did any one catch any thing half decent other than the runs or gold fish ?
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

What a SHYTE fishing weekend..... The oganisers should hang thier heads in shame.... :x

It was an "international" shyte fight....

Chicken and fcuken rice for every meal....
rules not followed
fishing times changed (to less hours on the water)
no fuel in boats (the locals stole it)
food made everyone sick
beer was hot
no ice
no beds (1/9 of a swag)
no way to wash after a cr.p
no idea on what they needed to do in a fishing comp
no ice
hot beer

I was discusted with the whole show and I was lucky enough to get in a alloy boat with 2expat aussies..and get out early

It was the worst fishing trip I have ever evr been on and I hope the timor gov get thier shyte together next year or they never runb it again as I would not want anyone to think that that is how a fishing comp should be...

Would rather of stayed home and painted the rocks in the driveway.
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

PP Scottmac got a Wahoo and I think that 3 other wahoo were landed from memory.
The nine that were holed up together in our bunker did not raise a scale. This was due to a combination of factors:
- inability to get a boat
- lack of fish
- no means of communication with the boat drivers
- running out of fuel cause it was all stashed in the scrub under tarps
- being layed up in the shade with crook guts
- Independance day celebrations
- church services on Sunday

They are just a few of the factors that made it tough. The smartest group of international anglers we saw took one look and went home. :-(
pignuts
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pignuts »

well i have been watching this forum for a while but never posted before but thought i might add my 2 cents worth about timor.

things i was not happy with :evil:

chicken and rice
the cancelation of the 1st days comp!!!!
canceling the spear comp!!!
constantly running out of cold drinks
no ice
no shelter for some
chicken and rice
no boats for some
running out of fuel
those drop toilets on day 2
running out of shyt paper on day 3
chicken and rice
very loud cr.p music
the feeling that the locals where taking the p..s out of us
the winner lived in timor and fished all day every day not stopping for the events the rest of us did
chicken and rice
watching people enter fish about 10cm long
having to vacate the camp on the last days and walk to the barge
not knowing if everyone came home each not
some people got to fish out of game boat for the whole event
the coppers flogging cr.p out old mate for holding up a storm
changing start times
gear getting knocked off :hunting:

highlights :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
meeting a heap of blokes with the same interests
putting faces to the names of all you FFF mob (all top blokes by the way :mrgreen: )
a chance to goto a country and getting a full on cultural experince
snorkling in water with more visability then the good old darwin 5m vis
swimming with the dolfins
meeting the president in his house
duty free rum
coming home to gods country :bow: :bow:

i know i dont have much cred on this site yet but never really had much intention of ever post until meeting so many FFF mob over there and all made me part of the group and looked out for us and helped us when they could with gear knots and some guy even loaned me some deep divers (sorry cant remember your name) :drinking1:

in the end it was an unforgettable adventure and something i will talk about for years to come. should of never been advertised as a International Fishing Event but. adventure sure :mrgreen: fishing no way :banghead:

was it worth it???? well you get what you pay for. :|

would i go again??? not a chance in hell :evil: (unless Atarou Island turns out to be hell :twisted: )

oh yeah and JULES74 if that was your best weekend ever geeze i would hate to see what you call a bad weekend :shock: :shock:
we live in the lucky country
double haul

Post by double haul »

Well looks like we have something to yak about for a while.
Turns out i took nearly 400+ photos in the first 4 days (i flew in 2 days early)then only 15 or so for the last 2 days dont know why :bs:
Think this 1 is for biggest billie. :lol:

(any 1 whant photos ill rip up some cds just pm me ya email :mrgreen: )
Last edited by double haul on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dutto
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

wtf

Post by Dutto »

best weekend ever , you must not get out much.
it was a ken shambles. there are a lot of people using the excuse "what do you expect from a third world country" fair enough if it was run by locals but it wasnt , it was run by people who should have known better. not only did the above list happen but im sure there are a lot of other complaints. by far the thing that alarmed me the most was that upon the last night a boat that was due to return at 3.30 was very late and had been sighted with the cowling off and work being done on motor. i personally went to the main organiser and stated rthat they had someone missing and it was nearly dark and wouldnt it be a good idea to get someone to go have a look. the only reply i got was a shrug of the shoulders and they went on there merry way. they got in but im sure if you rang and asked for a list of names of who returned on the ferry they would not know. the thing that made me laugh in despair the most is when i talked to some semi locals (not aussies) who spoke good english who informed me that ellegally that the photo of th marlin in canoe online promo was boated in from some where else.
i do feel sorry for barry the owner of huts up the beach an aussie guy who lives there with his timorese wife and two kids who worked tirelessly helping everyone . his efforts alone helped the fishos out organising people , liasing with locals and the most important item providing cold beer :clap: . not to mention the returning of the borrowed backpack with all items inside was of his doing also. if only the organisers had just once thought to actually ask him about the locals and what they wanted. use him as a mediator but no that would have required for- thought. unfortunatly for him the negative vibe that has arrisen will effect him personally as from most people i talk to not many will be return contestants and that is where he makes his money.
also a big thanks to shane from bcf who surrended his spot to me on last day so i could get out on water. if it was not for him i would have tallied up 1.5 hours on the water in 3 days. the only positive i can gain on this trip would be that i met some nice people who i hope to catch up with on the water.
i doubt wheather i will visit timor again for a while.
Dutto
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Dutto »

one more thing..... next time i go chasing sailies with you double haul , i will bring the chicken and rice , will even leave it in the sun in black plastic bags for a few hours. for all fff personal interviews just head to the rdh and into the gastro section. all will be there.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Only if its choped up on concrete in the sun with no way of transporting it in refrigation.

Forgot to add i must be lucky i havnt been to hospital yet.

Must edit this 1 more time, third world country my ass them mob have bigger lcd tvs them me. :o
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Fair call Dutto

Shane from BCF was a top bloke and what he did speaks volumes for his character. :bow: :bow:

Barry is also a legend and if anyone ever goes to Timor/Auturo you would be mad if you did not stay in his villas. He is an Aussie legend who busted his arse to help people out of the sh1t when he was in no way officially connected to the comp. :bow: :bow: