Alaska

Welcome to international visitors. And local members, tell us about your fishing holiday ...
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alaska

Post by jack »

Leaving for Alaska on Monday and looking at doing a fishing charter where we fly in and out via sea-plane chasing Salmon. It's a long shot but has anybody fished Alaska? I am going to try Ice fishing aswel which will be something different. I will report any fishing we get done.

:drinking1: Jack

andrew.south
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by andrew.south »

Jack dont forget to take your bathers.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mate would love to have the chance to get there and have a look... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Make sure you post some photos... :fishing: :fishing:
Southy

Very rarely when the ship misses the harbour is it the harbours fault
matty
Seadog
Seadog

Post by matty »

Jack, a mate of mine fished there years ago I'm pretty sure and caught a huge Halibut. There was photos in the N.T news if I remember rightly. Huge fish, didn't fight as good as a powertail but not bad.Good luck, look forward to the report :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
fishy

Post by fishy »

Jack,
I fished Alaska and BC in July 2006. We chased various salmon species (the main target was King salmon), grayling and various species of trout. It is a fantastic place which revolves around hunting and fishing.

I am not sure what species of salmon will be running when you arrive but the Kings are unreal, they are speedsters that grow to over fifty pounds. I destroyed a fly reel I use for chasing barra on the second king I hooked. While I did not chase Halibut, it is a popular and interesting fishery. Jigging huge soft plastics is a common technique. They are fantastic chewing so make sure you have a meal of this species.

At least the bears should still be hibernating! Have fun,
cheers
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Awesome reports :clap: Love to read overseas fishin trips,techniques.

Something to break up the barra dreamin'! :grin:
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Dont know how my last post ended up here? It was meant for the african reports! :bonk:
jollivee

Post by jollivee »

Jack,

Good luck on your trip to Alaska. My dad and I caught salmons when we went there fishing. This summer we're planning to go to Arizona to fish. Keep me posted on your trip! Arizona Bass Fishing Adventure

Return to “International Fishing”