Suzuki warning panel

balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Suzuki warning panel

Post by balou »

I notice while running down to the mouth of leader today that 3 of the 4 warning light came on.
We were belted by storm after storm from 6am so manage to find a break to dig out the manual which wasnt much help at all.
The engine was running fine , tell tale pumping water, they was no buzzers or alarms.

The 3 warning light were on about half the brightness as when you first turn on the ignition and all four come on for a moment.
In fact this is the first time in ages that I used the boat at low light so it could have been there from last time as well.

The only one that wasnt on was the bottom right.

After an hour oif stressing in the pouring rain and seeing one other boat come pass all day. The only light was now on was the top right ( engine temperature).

Another hour passed and all warning light had disappeared after we took for a quick burst.

The only thing i can think of was that we launched on dead low and putted the the first 5 km in ess then 1m of water. The whole creek was mudding brown colour.
Also did a run to mouth of south on the last trip could have pick up some cr.p there.

While flushing the motor at home notice 3 light have come on again. Once again the only one wasnt on was the bottom right.

Google didnt help much but work out the alarm panel allows display of basic engine alarms - Oil Pressure, Engine RPM, Coolant Temperature and Engine Alarm.

I think the Rpm was the only one which didnt on.

The motor is 2012 Suzuki 175HP and I have done 65 hours. It had a service at 20 hours.

Going to take it to QM on monday but dying to work out what the issue is.

Appreciate your help.

Gunn pt road was very wet in some patches and extremely slippery. It was a steady 40km most of the way sliping and sliding but road holding up well.
5 hours of pouring rain for 3 muddies and a dozen PT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Suzuki warning panel

Post by DOUG »

Get the digital gauges !!
Or actually you have a lowrance ?? Get the nmea hooked up and pay attention to the digital read out !
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

DougI have the lowrance hooked up to show instrument but could not work it out this morning
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

Your digital gauge should have told you it wasn't over heating then ??
What does it normally run at ?
No digital alarms ?
DF140A
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DF140A »

How many hours has your motor done it indicates that it needs a service mine did the. To re set it put the key on acc and pull the little red button where the safety kill sitch is out and in three times. Will stop the beep
Basstad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Basstad »

I think you may have had some water in the connection plug.
DF140A
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DF140A »

Sorry just read that it has done 65 hours just try resetting it
balou
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by balou »

DOUG wrote:Your digital gauge should have told you it wasn't over heating then ??
What does it normally run at ?
No digital alarms ?
I not 100% on what it was running at but I believe it was between 60-90 degrees. Not where near the the 120 red limit area.
I didnt hear any alarms but it was pissing down for 90% of the time. Didnt loose power at all at any time.

Basstad wrote:I think you may have had some water in the connection plug.
Mate, you could be onto something here. I've just jump in the boat and the 3 warning lights are dimming in and out when I turn it on. Should not be overheating if she been sitting there since 2.
DOUG
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by DOUG »

yep dirty or wet connection is why i sdaid trust your digital gauges they are running straight of the engines ecu or computer what ever it is !!
goldfish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by goldfish »

Beer ....
Then thinking then just drive out
Tight lines 'n' keep the shiny side up people.